Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When 3 Isn't Good

3 isn't good when it's the number of hours it took to get Taryn's braces off! I mean the results are great, don't get me wrong, but the Ortho's office is kept at 63 freaking degrees and I was dressed for a humid 80ish! (I'm guessing at the actual temp of the office - it could be less, I don't know for sure...I had to use the restroom and was actually shivering in there! I abandoned my kids and went out to sit in the hot car to thaw for 15 minutes!) I forgot to bring my jacket, can you believe it?! I usually remember if I'm going to the Ortho, it's that cold in there. Taryn remembered her Arctic fuzzy hoodie...I was so jealous. I was efficient and scheduled Mariah and Gib for the same day. Grammy brought Gib by while running her errands since his appt was an hour later than the girls.

3 isn't good when you're Mariah and you get 3 new brackets added to your braces! Her teeth hurt now, but the lime green bands look great!

3 isn't good when it's your iron count! Seriously. Poor Indy is severely anemic. The dr said her red blood cells are abnormally formed, that it's probably not a diet deficiency. They called it microcytic anemia and put her on 325 mg of iron, once a day for a few days leading up to twice a day. Now she is sick, sick, sick. After a call to the on-call physician, she's been told to go off the iron for 2 days and try again with a once a day dose and see what happens. Poor Indy! The only good news is that the past two days she has not had to appear for Jury Duty. Let's hope the whole week is a wash!



* * * *

Conversely....3 IS good when Mike, Taryn & Gib went to see The Terminator and had to switch theatres a half hour into the movie because of a sound problem and they got 3 free tickets to see a future show for the hassle. Indy got one of the freebies and I think she used it to see Angels & Demons and I am going to take Mariah to see Night at the Museum, probably tomorrow.

3 is GREAT when you're Gib and you get Personal Management, Nuclear Science and Citizenship in the Community merit badges at tonight's Court of Honor. Next month, he'll do his Board of Review for his Life Rank!

6 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

3 hour ortho appointments do not sound awesome. Poor Indy, I understand...I'm severely anemic while I'm pregnant and those stinking preggo safe supplements they have me on are NOT CHEAP:(

Linda said...

Congrats T. Your teeth look fantastic. Are they sore? Mine ached for days after they took the braces off and I was mad 'cause I thought they only hurt when they put them on! Hope you feel better Indy.

Holly said...

T you are looking GREAT! Co will be there with you next month! :)

Kay said...

Very anemic also, I had to take three Iron pills with every pregnancy. They made me sick to my stomach, along with morning sickness! Hope fully, there will be something better out there when Indy starts having kids!!

Kristin said...

3 hours to get off braces. Oh man. Well atleast they are off and she now has the slimy teeth. Eat some ribs for me!

Mickie and Matt said...

Brovo to another fantastic blog from Chrissie, the 3 theme was fabulous! Taryns teeth looks wonderful braces are so worth it, Way to go GIB with his merit badges, I like the lime green choice Mariah and you never said if Terminator was any good or not?

P.S. did you notice you said it was even 6"3" degrees in the ortho office :)