It's done! Indy is sooo relieved and happy! She has a few celebrations and get togethers planned, and as we move into summer she will be working alot and preparing for the next chapter of her life...College!
The high school decided to use the Ag Center for the Graduation Ceremony. Oh joy. It's not a great venue for this kind of thing. The grads were on the "carpet" covered dirt grounds, which looked to be almost as dirty as what was underneath. I think a rodeo was held there the night before. It sure smelled like it. I just wish the photos could convey the stink. Maybe the pinched expressions on the faces in the crowd will. Wait, no probably not, the girls go to a redneck high school, most of 'em probably like that smell. I kid you not, there were cowbells in the audience for noisemakers. The other bad thing about having it at the Ag Center was the lighting. It made for horrible photography. Bummer. Well, here's the best of what we could get. I haven't looked at what I tried to video. I hope that turned out.
Pomp & Circumstance
Taking their seats
the Senior placed a Lei around the Principal's neck
Getting the wonderful Williamson County Honors Graduate Diploma that Indy worked very diligently for! FYI: It is awarded to students who have completed the core curriculum and minimum of 14 credits at the honors or Advanced Placement level, 4 credits in science, 4 credits in math, and a 3.5 or higher. I think Indy ended up with over 16 credits at the honors/AP level.(Indy said she didn't care about paying extra for the sash that signifies the Honor Graduates but in hindsight I think we should have since she worked so hard for it!)
(guess who made the most noise?!)
Proud Parents
Deceptively nice looking, isn't it?






2 comments:
CONGRATS, Indy! What an accomplishment! :)
Yay INDY! I remember I was so happy to be DONE with high school. I bet you are too. Now on to college, you'll be set with that new laptop your getting I am jealous!
Post a Comment