Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The (Twitch) Latest (Twitch)

I'm working on a nagging 48 hr migraine. It hasn't laid me out yet, but it switched sides and 20 minutes ago, it took a turn for the worse and my right eye started twitching furiously. I did the famous Clint Cocktail "Snort Version" and then the twitch followed within seconds. I kinda wonder if the twitch happened because of the CC or if it's because the headache is behind that eye? I am so done with it regardless. All signs are pointing to a big one on the way - escalation at this point is not welcomed. Thankfully, I toughed it out today and haven't taken any migraine pills so I have a clean slate with which to medicate. I could really use a good shoulder massage right about now. My muscles are in lock down.

It's Girl Scout cookie order time. Not that any of you can really order, 'cause I'm pretty much not paying postage!...hmmm, unless you live in Florida, because we will be able to hand-deliver there (hint! hint!). Sadly, it hasn't stopped raining for days, and it was too cold and miserable when it wasn't raining, so we haven't hit the neighborhood. I took pity on Mariah and brought the form to work and am hitting up the parents by placing the order form next to the sign in sheets at a different classroom each day. She's picked up 16 boxes in 2 days, so maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.

Mariah wanted me to blog about Pixie. She apparently woke up to catch Pix dancing in bed. She was lying on her back and waving her paws all around up in the air. She says it was amazing and totally cute! Pixie and the other cats have been enjoying freedom, sweet freedom! Mike put in a cat door at the bottom of the stairs by the garage. So now they can go in and out to their little feline hearts' content, until evening, when we set it to "in only" and then it's like the Hotel California, and once you check in, you're in for the night.

Indy is coming down with a cold. She was supposed to serve at the restaurant tonight but luckily they didn't need her. Like who wants a sick server?! Ewww. She is ready to turn in a huge scholarship application. It's almost 20 pages long, oh and the amounts they pay out aren't chump change either. But I was referring to the amount of work and the attention to detail it required. I have really put in some hours as College Planning Admin Asst on this one. It's through the Elks Foundation. It wasn't easy to find online, and students from our state have not been represented in the winner's pool much, and our local lodge not at all, so I'm hoping a combination of demographics and a great student will garner some $$. There are 500 scholarships given out each year, starting at 1,000 and they are renewable for 4 years.

Taryn learned a funny lesson about Electricity today. If you have a lamp on, your bedroom lights on, your space heater on, and you turn on your blow dryer....you will shortly have nothing, and will have to get ready in the dark! At least she found it humorous. You gotta say that about T. She wakes up with a smile on her face. She started reading "Twilight" today at lunch - her friend gave it to her because apparently I have neglected my children by not getting the series for them. She will probably finish it in the next couple hours. Yep, all in one day. We don't see alot of T because she likes to immerse herself in whatever she's doing, and it rarely involves leaving her room!

Gib and Mike had some major renovations to take care of in the Man Cave over winter break. It now looks amazing. Some shelves had to have extra support put in as there was too much weight on them. At least it is really done now - a load of junk is now at the dump and there's no more clutter and debris littering the Man Cave! Next the guys plan to build a camping shelf area for all their Scouting gear. It will be nice to have it all in one place.

Hey - good news! The Clint Cocktail Snort-Version seems to have done the trick!!! yahoo!!!! The twitch is gone now too. Boy do I feel better.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Okay, I felt bad for you until I read the last line...YAY for Clint giving you the right drugs!!!! :)

Kristin said...

I would order soem thin mints and those coconut things for Will if I could.

Will said...

Well, I could practically see the cocktail working as you wrote! It seems that Pixie has been watching Jason on the blog.

Mickie and Matt said...

Tell Mariah i'll take 3 boxes of thin mints (Matt will eat a whole box in one sitting if I'm not on top of it) and one of those carmel chocolate kind... Tell Indy she owes you big for finding all those scholarship oppurtunities for her. Taryn it happens at this house too when we have people over, find the breaker box. Gib and Mike I love your Man cave if only Matt had one. Chrissie glad to hear youa re feeling better! Migranes are just horrible!!

Ringo said...

It's funny how the Man Cave is supposed to be the man's domain, but it still stresses out the woman if it doesn't meet her standards. Its OK tho - It definitely needed the work!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried finding a massage therapist, and possibly getting some Cranial work done? It might help you with the poor migraines.