Today's agenda was pretty darn full. A 9:30 a.m. appt for Gib at the eye dr, followed by a chiropractor appt. After getting our necks adjusted, aaahhh we needed that, we heard and responded to the call of grits at Cracker Barrel. We even collected Mike for the Grits Run since he really loves them. Gib didn't get grits, he got bacon, eggs and french toast. He's a growing boy. A Midwestern friend of mine taught me the best way to eat grits - you put in half a thingy of coffee creamer, a pat of butter, and some maple syrup. Wow - who knew?! It only tastes super yummy at Cracker Barrel though, so if you don't have one, you're totally out of luck...sorry! And apparently, when it's 32 degrees outside and trying to snow, everyone goes to Cracker Barrel. I don't know why.
And then Jo Ann came over to watch all the episodes I've been saving for her on the dvr of The Big Bang Theory! I think we watched 5 - it was alot of fun! Thanks for bringing lunch Jo Ann! Mariah and JoAnn's kids played upstairs and we paid virtually no attention to them at all while we watched TV. Gib checked on Aimee Mei for us when things got way too quiet and found her on his drums. She loves them. It was great!
Taryn dropped off her applications. But first she needed a little bang trim. We've been trying to catch Indy for this because she does hers all the time and I really felt this was a task better suited to a sister. But push came to shove and things were approaching Scary Taryn stage, so...I had to take the scissors into my own hands. I give me a 5+....sorry, T, it's a 5 out of 10. They are a little too straight and yet there are a couple spots that make me want to try to fix it, but I know better. My grandma did that to me and it took MONTHS to recover from. Tell Lori, our stylist, I'm sorry.
We are praying for snow or some ice to cancel school tomorrow. Gib and I feel a tad cheated that we had to wake up at 8:15 this morning on our day off. We could use a 5 day weekend. They are predicting snow tonight at 9 pm so, it is always possible in our county. But, see here's the thing you can't forget. We live in The Bubble of No Trouble. Most stuff misses us or our temps just hover above freezing and nothing sticks. But we have faith in our school district's tendency to cancel school if there is the slightest possible chance of a lawsuit or a patch of ice anywhere in the county.
6 comments:
We think the Big Bang Theory is hilarious too!
We second that motion.
Okay, I tried to leave a comment earlier, but not sure it 'took'. We are HUGE Big Bang Theory fans in this house too! :)
Hey Kristin and Will DVR it for us too! When will be our next Mario kart racin' time? We should have called last night instead we played ravin rabbids (or something like that). It's pretty fun too. Oh and Suzanne is a PRO at bangs as well... Good luck to Taryn with her 5+ bang job anyways they wont even notice them... :)
Yup, we love Big Bang too. This weeks was fun! Now I can't wait for Chuck to start again. Don't you love DVRs!
I'm with you Chrissie- hair that's not cut by the stylist should be done by the sister- in our family that sister is usually Trish.
Good luck on the job hunt Taryn.
Thanks for having us. We had a great time at Aiya (Aunt) Chrissie's house. BBT was a scream back to back. A regular nerdfest.
Post a Comment