By Indy Coombs
There are so many ways to procrastinate
I can hardly name them all.
So before homework starts,
How ‘bout a phone call?
What began as a “Hey, How are you?”
Has now lasted three hours.
When you say goodbye, your stomach screams
“What is there to devour?!”
So a bite to eat sounds good
Those chips and dip taste great.
And right when they’re almost gone
You realize a text message awaits!
Important conversations begin
And thumbs go clicking away.
But soon your eyelids start to droop
And a nap is needed today.
After hours of dreamless sleep
Homework must begin.
You sit in front of the computer
But Facebook will always win.
6 comments:
You just out lined Colton's Senior year perfectly!!!
Perfect!
No need to start just yet.
There's always much more time.
Hop on the blog and you will find
there's still time left to rhyme.
I'm pretty sure those same procrastinations apply to my laundry and dinner and cleaning also:)
WELL DONE WILL! Indy I loved it...I am thinking that this is every teenager I know. ;)
Great poem Indy but it's not just about teenagers I think ;-)
Post a Comment