Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our 22nd anniversary. We went out to dinner Friday night so we could watch football for our anniversary. That's when you know you've married your true love...you both want to watch the playoff games together on your anniversary! My mom gave us a gift certificate to Bonefish Grill. I had a delicious Mahi-Mahi and Mike had some kind of cajun-rubbed steak. Last time we went there was about 4 years ago, and Mike caught the napkin in the roll basket on fire when the tip of it got a little too close to the candle. Good thing I have those spidey senses and smelled it just as it erupted and was able to douse it with my napkin. Wow, that would have been embarrassing. I remember we were laughing so hard imagining the reaction when they found the burnt napkin!

During dinner, we analyzed things and came to the conclusion that the next fun anniversary trip probably won't happen until #25. Between getting two girls off to college and much needed home improvement projects, like the painting this year, we'll be home bound, but that's OK. It would be nice though if there was a horse track running in January nearby so we could go to the races together for our anniversary each year. We both miss those dates.

You can tell you have been married a long time when you go out afterwards and buy hubbie new work shoes and consider it a romantic evening! What can I say, it's fun just to spend time together. Saturday morning, Mike had flowers for me. Mariah made sure I saw the red roses in the arrangement. She's her father's daughter there...they both think you have to have a red rose to equal love! What sweeties!

After taking Gib to the Scout Barn for a weekend camping trip, Mike suggested we go to my favorite little corner place that I have to stay away from for my own good - Alpine Bagels. They have salt bagels...yum!! Sometimes there is so much salt on one that when I'm done eating it, I actually have little blisters inside my bottom lip. Aaaaaaahhhhh. We even brought home a couple salties and four everything onion kind. That was a treat.

Then we went to pick up the last can of sample paint. My neighbor came over and approved of our choices and I felt better because she is good at that sort of thing and just got done painting her whole house with lots of color. We use color in a big way here in the South. But you gotta be careful...that Copper Coin could turn out to be a "bad penny!". Actually, we loved the rusty idea, but it just wasn't working in our space. Don't know why exactly.

So, a bit later Taryn and I left to go to Home Depot to buy all our paint. Then we hit our friendly mom & pop used bookstore...gotta keep the little guy in business, to buy her the Twilight series. They only had Twilight in new books, nobody is bringing in their read books for resale, but that was OK by Taryn. Mike requested a copy of The Agony and The Ectasy. When I read I prefer to check my brain, or go to an exciting fantasy land. A & E sounds alot like a 12th grade reading assignment to me, but hey, I got my salt bagel, so he is working his way through the first chapter of his book. If I had started a book last night I'd be about done with it now. Taryn is probably done with the 2nd Twilight book by now. That's the way we roll!

On the way home, Taryn's friends were already at our house waiting for her to go skating, so I took off my socks and drove home barefoot so she could just hop out of the car and head out. We thought that was kinda funny. Luckily, I had on nice black dress socks she could wear with her black heels and long jeans.

I got home just in time to watch football with Mike. It was a bummer that the Titans didn't come through with a Victory. We had a great season and I hoped they might make it all the way. The Carolina game was even worse for them. I had lots of fantasy points riding on Arizona so I was happy they did so well though.

And that marks off another anniversary and the start of another year with the one I love.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I guess it truly does not matter what you do for your anniversary...just that your are together. Happy Anniversary! :)