I'm always braving new frontiers but this time it was Mariah on a youth retreat at a place called New Frontiers. She pretty much went to bed when she got home so the details are a little sparse right now, however she had a good time. Especially in the cave! 
She was telling us about crawling around in the cave, squeezing through tight openings, and her sore foot from another hike, when Mike asked if she had brought clothes for getting dirty in. Mariah replied, "yeah your windbreaker". Uhhhhh.... MY windbreaker? Which one? Haha yeah, I kind of forgot to tell Mike about that. At least I changed my mind about giving her Gib's scout pants (which would have been perfect) since he hasn't had his Eagle Court of Honor yet. Otherwise I would have had two surprised guys here.
Speaking of which, the senior scouts decided it would be cool if the guys in their Crew had a big ol' group Eagle Court of Honor. A couple of them needed to get on the ball and actually do their project first. So the timeline is after the holidays. It will be fun to see all of them at this important milestone together.
Training for Philmont has begun. Gib however is pretty darn certain he could run the whole Philmont Trail thing and is content to wait until Spring training for backpacking trips. OK, whatever. Getting those college applications done was challenge enough for now.
Fall break is Friday-Tuesday this week. We can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment