Gib is still blogging like a fool. He is also getting email from colleges, and I am too lazy to log in and out all the time, so he's ON right now. He gets about a call a night too. Popular guy.
Today was The Great Day of Service for seniors; Gib and friends chose to go to Percy Warner Park and they chopped down trees (aka honeysuckle) with axes. If you are like me you were nodding, nodding and then WHAT?! Yeah, axes. Nobody got hurt. Southern boys and all that. Somebody did break a toe but that was later at Ultimate.
Meanwhile back at high school, Mariah took the PSAT. She said it was easy. Maybe she missed a couple in English. Okie dokie.... if she's right, that's going to change everything. I love my kids, they are smart, but they do NOT lack in confidence.
There was a cricket, two ladybugs and one teeny tiniest ladybug ever, some big ants, and maybe a spider..and a very wiggly worm on the playground today. It all started with the cricket. I pointed it out, a fascinated circle formed, pigtails touched the cricket and the cricket jumped into a dress. Under it. Ear splitting screaming ensued, first from an observer but then ALL the girls joined in.... ever so calmly I snagged an arm, flicked it off and hugged a cutie, making a joke, (is this a tent? an umbrella? I love umbrellas! They are good hiding places when monsters are trying to catch me!) we barely avoided some serious tears, we noted how fast our hearts were beating and moved on with a request that if crickets make you squeal, to play farther away from it. Measure of success: everyone was trying to catch that cricket a few minutes later. I was so happy when we got it outside of the playground via a skinny arm through the chain link fence and HOP!
The BEST from yesterday. The firemen came in their big firetruck. We had the whole demonstration and learned that even though a fireman looks kinda weird in all his safety gear he really is someone you should run to and give a hug if you ever see him trying to save you in a fire. A few brave souls ran up and hugged our fireman. As we moved on to climb inside the truck, one of those precious kiddos did that "I'm watching you" sign with the two first fingers pointing at herself and then right in his face. I burst out laughing - couldn't help it. She then told her teacher "I don't really like firemen". I had soooo much fun telling her mom about that. Still laughing about it today.
Today, I had a giggle over a teacher telling a wiggly boy at lunchtime to sit up and put all four legs on the floor - meaning the chair he was tipping - he frowned, looked at her and replied, "I DON'T have four legs!"

1 comment:
I love firefighter day at the preschool. It's really the best. I really hope Mariah only missed those couple of english questions;)
Post a Comment