So tonight it's just me and the kids. Mike has a work dinner at Stoney River. Gib and I got caught up on some shows on the DVR together. We thoroughly enjoyed Big Brother followed by an episode of the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. He had Julie Chen on, who is the hostess of The Talk and Big Brother. She is also married to the big boss of CBS which was kind of a running joke. We both really like listening to his Scottish accent and how much he cracks himself up, which in turn cracks us up. We can totally relate to that.
Mariah wondered what all the laughing was about. She's not quite old enough to watch that show; it is after all on late at night for a reason... but she was upstairs trying to nap after school today. She came home feeling yucky and was pretty pale so I called it on Volleyball for tonight. We won't be able to go to the game this Saturday anyway because of a Girls Weekend to paint Indy's apartment. She was bummed, but after a bit she rallied.
If she wasn't so disappointed about missing Volleyball, I would have been suspicious. But I guess if you're weak and pale your mouth could technically still work just fine. We talked out on the patio for quite some time. Then we came in and talked to Gib, who got ready to leave to go to Boy Scouts. I'm pretty sure he left a little earlier than planned. Haha. Yeah, buddy, I've seen that trick before. He can claim he was hungry and headed to Wendy's, but we woman may look like we aren't paying attention and are only going blah-blah, blah, blah, blah about nothing in particular, but we see all and know all.
One down, one to go and Mariah kept talking. We couldn't decide what to get for our dinner, so we decided to copy Gib and left for Wendy's too. All the way downstairs, in the car, out of the driveway, down the street, she kept up a constant stream of chatter. I have no idea what she said anymore, but I do know she never stopped talking. I think my amazement showed. I have to admit, I don't mind being the blah-blah, blah-er, but I kinda have a low tolerance for listening to it too. Heh heh. At the corner the conversation went something like this:
Mariah: blah, blah, blah-blah, blah..... am I talking too much?!
Me: yea
Mariah: Oh, I'm sorry. I'll stop.
1.5 seconds later: Ooooh, look!! A Titans fan! Do you see it?! Huh?! Do you?! Look over there. It was on the license plate.
Me: half-smile (I knew she couldn't do it) but slightly surprised she didn't at least make it until the light turned green
Mariah: Oh.
3 seconds later: (hands fly to her face and gasps) I just thought of something I have to tell you!!! I got Stephen to talk in his British Accent the other day!!
Me: Sarcastic look to Mariah
Mariah: blah-blah.. blah, blah, blah, blah, (all about how she got him to do that I think) and then "Oops. OK, I'll stop now".
She picks up her cell phone and starts texting.
Me: Texting IS still talking. Just to someone else with your fingers. It still counts.
Mariah: Guess I can't stop talking....
Blah-Blah, blah, blah, blah-blah, blah.... Haha, I'm just making a little bit of fun of our talkative girl. I assure you it was all QUALITY time. Me and whoever she was texting enjoyed it very much. I think she is feeling much better now. Nothing like Wendy's to perk a girl up.
3 comments:
Hey, no problem there. Talkative people are the best!
I too am quite talkative. Just help Mariah realize down the line when she is old enough to get married to make sure who she marries is a good listener like my husband.
That is great :) At least she wanted to talk you you. I bet you do feel special :)
Post a Comment