I was reading my niece's Bobbie's blog this morning and it posed the interesting philosophical question of what can't you live without. I answered somewhat sarcastically. The Cell Phone featured predominantly.
Like most of you, I sleep with my cell phone right next to me. I set my alarms before I go to sleep, text my kids, check my email, fire off another round of Words with Friends, maybe I'll check the weather, the calendar for tomorrow, and if I don't feel connected with the world enough, I will go to a few news sites and get the latest and greatest. In the morning, the alarm goes off and I often have a struggle finding it. Or should I say accessing it. The reason why this happens is because:
A) I might have used it for the handy-dandy flashlight feature in the middle of the night and put it someplace weird like under my pillow and then it got jostled around
B) I checked it for the time, thinking it was about time to wake up and hallelujah! I had another hour of sleep but instead of putting it back I kept it in my hand and when I fell back asleep it ended up somewhere in the bed
C) Chino is sleeping on top of it - his favorite thing to do, or if I didn't feed him he pushed it off the bed so I can't find it at all
I'm telling ya, Chino is like the goose with a golden egg. My cell phone is usually near the edge of the bed, because the charger cord is not very long and I can't get to it fast enough anywhere else (sensory issue: I hate loud alarms when I'm asleep). Chino also likes to lay there, so then he lays ON it and his fluff (polite way of saying FAT) is so fluffy that sometimes that alarm is quite muffled!! Then it goes off for awhile until I'm like "what is that weird noise?" and I realize in my groggy haze that it's my alarm under Chino fur. I wouldn't mind, but he won't move.
The wrestling match ensues. Chino does not want to give up his nice warm spot in the bed on top of my nice warm cell phone. He could care less that it is vibrating and making a loud pinging sonar noise. I tug it by the cord hoping it will slide out from under him. He gives me a warning bite. I have to shove him off the bed. Hey Chino, don't come between me and my iPhone.
I couldn't sleep this morning, so we got up extra early and avoided all that. Now I have to go make lunches for the day. The alarm went off twice already.
4 comments:
Two plus years ago...
C: "I need an app for that!"
M: "An app for what?"
C: "I don't know, just an app for that!"
Now we have 3 iPhones in the Family!
Can you guess who?
Maybe your phone needs to sound like a barking dog!
Haha very funny Mike! But true....
Will: I always laugh... Chino looks pretty but he has been known to chase dogs out of our yard. I'm not sure I want him attacking my phone every morning. And besides, barking hurts my ears. The idea is to wake up gently with the sonar ping, ping, ping....
Post a Comment