Saturday, September 24, 2011

Colorful Life

Not too long ago, while I was searching for inexpensive curtains for Indie's apartment, I found a great deal on a new bedroom comforter set! I was really excited to change out the color scheme and was ready for a new look!







Today Mike pulled the widow topper off the wall for me and I took off the fabric I had covered it with a few years ago that matched the old bedspread and we covered it with the new blue paisley one. By the way, I had totally forgotten how ugly the original fabric was! Ugh black and gold cherubs!





Last weekend, Mariah and I travelled to Macon to visit Indie and help her paint her apartment!

The first room we did was her bedroom. The color is called Salem Gold. Here is a photo of the results.



Next we tackled the kitchen. It was painted Inca Orange. A very bold choice! The painting that we hung back up to see the effect is one Indie bought from the artist in Armenia. We chose the wall color based on colors pulled out from the rooftops in that painting.



These are out of order, but the night we arrived, we gave Indie a couple of early bday gifts. Mariah couldn't wait to give her this one - a miniature giraffe! (Kay and Colton might remember the 5' tall one we saw at Earthbound Trading - this is the "Honey I Shrank the Giraffe" version from the same store). As you can see, Aussie was ever so eager to make friends with it. He actually BOXED its face!! Pow-Pow-Pow, a left, a right, a left, left, right paw smak to the helpless birthday giraffe. Imagine how different the movie "Toy Story" would have been if Aussie was involved.



This was Indie opening the giraffe. She never had a clue....



This is the little orange demon demonstrating what happens to Indie's homework

"when I hear the printer fire up, I rush over and stick my paws in like THIS!!!"



"I can't see it, but I know there's something in there!"



"Finally, I shred whatever comes out if Indie doesn't grab it first. No foreign toys allowed in my kingdom!"





That was what Aussie would see if he ever looked up. The TV wall is Crimson Brick. It meets up with Salem Gold in the living room.

And then our weekend was over! We had a wonderful time :)


3 comments:

Will said...

That is the manliest cat I've ever seen. I'll keep my distance, thank you.

Kay said...

Man, I wanted to buy that cool Giraffe. Glad you found a mini!

Kristin said...

I love what you did to your room. Then again those are my kinds of colors :)