Monday, September 26, 2011

Girls Rule

The women in the family have risen to the occasion and in an amazing two-by-two, three city feat, outshined the menfolk in getting our FLU SHOTS! Indie and Taryn got theirs on the same day last week while Mariah and I just returned from getting ours. The gauntlet has been thrown down boys; let's see what you do with it.

Mariah actually stayed home from school today. She went to bed with an irritated stomach that was still with her when she woke up. Not knowing if it was IBS or a virus I decided to play it safe and keep her home. I told her there was still a pneumonia vaccine with her name on it if she needs to stay home again anytime soon. Also Whooping Cough vaccine. And you know just for kicks, I bet we could start in on some of the less common but still useful vaccines such as yellow fever, small pox, etc. You never know when an outbreak might occur and it's always good to survive.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I always just take my chances with the whole flu thing! Since I don't work in a preschool or even work out side the home and live with a ridiculously clean man, I'm usually okay!

Ask Matt about the ONE time he got a flu shot. He was the sickest he's ever been. We had a good laugh at that one!

BUT Yay for you that want to stay healthy!

Kristin said...

Flu shots are tomorrow for the kids and Will. I will take my chances :)