I have been working practically non stop at Coldwater Creek for almost two weeks. Oh, my aching feet! I would have thought that all the running around I do at the preschool would have had my feet tough enough for retail, but when you have to do this kind of movement in strappy shoes, it is a whole different experience. I don't go in tomorrow until 4 pm (hallelujah!) and that gives me time to find a pair of Naturalizers or something that maybe I can survive the day in. I have one pair that I thought was pretty comfy. We are in the middle of a huge 50% off everything in the store and on Friday, I am quite certain that by mid-day I had already hit 5 miles easy. Since I often have a busy day at preschool and have worn the pedometer there, and walk 4-5 miles with Joanne and Lara, I know when the 5 mile mark is reached... and boy did it feel like I had passed it and then some!! I am going to locate my pedometer and try it out next time we have a big day and see what I hit.
Of course I enjoy working there, because as my friend Lynne summarized, "you have your dream job!". I love CWC clothes so I enjoy the store, helping people put together their outfits, and organizing and doing multiple things at once is always fun for me. I think they like me because I have been getting hours like crazy. I was told your hours would depend on how well you contributed to the team and your ability to sell CWC. You don't work on commission, but you need to have the ability to bring energy to the floor and talk with guests. Not a problem! One of the best rules I think is that you have to wear their clothes. "If you wear it, you will sell it!" It's true... I have been modeling stuff all week, and I get called over all the time to show off what I'm wearing. That's kind of fun. I get a nice employee discount and I can see how the other associates have chosen key pieces and are wearing them with other CWC "vintage" items (which I have alot of). I am looking forward to updating my wardrobe. My preschool director is laughing at me saying that I will not earn a penny all summer but I will be the best dressed preschool teacher next year! However, I have made it a few times now through work all day and went home without buying anything! Plus, I get to see the new stuff before it goes on sale! Ooooooh!!!
7 comments:
I LOVE living vicariously through you! Just wish I was close enough to come in and harass you. ;P
You would too. I would make you buy an entire outfit plus accessories to make up for it!
Oh, that would definitely be my problem, I would bring home a new article of clothing every time I worked! LOL!
I'm with Kay...I would be bringing something home each time...hope you find those shoes! :)
I'm thinking Coldwater wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it must be nice working at a place that has great fringe benefits!
Some days I would love to get a job like that just so that I can get out of the house kid free for a while :)
Will - I DID find a very cute sweater with fringe on it and I just had to buy it because anything with fringe IS my cup of tea!!!
Post a Comment