Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Today I took the van to work. I drove with one eye on road, and one eye on the look out for "The Spider". Judging by its web, it wasn't so itsy bitsy either, but who knows; it hasn't been found!

See, the other day I was leaving for work, kinda in a hurry because I had goofed around a tad too long, then had to talk to the kids on my way out the door. Luckily Mariah was around on my way out the door because as I went to put my purse and lunch in the seat next to me my hand went THRU a huge spider's web!! Yes, inside the van!!!

Give me a live mouse, give me a snake, heck, give me a stupid cardinal pecking at my window for days on end... but not a spider IN the car with me!! Somewhere.... lurking. With its web across the two seats in the front, as big as a human body!! You could see it perfectly too. It was a rather nice web as webs go.

I, of course, evacuated. I had to ring the doorbell so Mariah could bring me new car keys. I told her to have daddy take care of the spider's web for me and if Taryn needed the Volvo... well, someone would have to drive the van to the mall and switch out cars and keys!

Then I drove to work and arrived a couple minutes late. And it was all the spider's fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it... haha, get it? Sticking to it... webs?!

Today on my way home it was soooo hot (we are hotter than central Florida and only a couple degrees cooler than Waco, Texas!) I had all the windows down to blow out the oven temps as I was leaving the mall after the van sat there for 6 hrs, and when I got home a massive fly was in the car. Dang! That spider missed it by a day - I shoo'd out the fly before I shut the windows ALL the way this time!! Hope the heat killed the spider...surely it would, right?

3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

OK WHOA a blog facelift? What's with the flames eh? Is it that hot there in TN? If so i'm thinking it's time for Matt Ty and I to join you, Utah is too mild for me.

I would freaked too about the spider. Just have Mike take the van down to a car wash and use that super SUPER powerful sucker thing to do the ENTIRE van, the thing doesnt stand a CHANCE against one of those. Does heat kill spiders?

I found out that we have a store that you work at here in SLC, I had never heard of it until you said you worked their. I am assuming it's similar to Eddie Bauer?

Holly said...

Spiders I can handle...mice I can not... :oP

Kay said...

....went up the muffler spout!! ;)