Today I spent the ENTIRE day driving in and out of the garage with a kid in the car, or on my way to get a kid in the car! Early this prevening (haha nod to us Big Bang Theory fans) on our way back in, Taryn said to look at the beautiful butterfly thingy on the garage.
I see that gargoyle moth and my face must have scrunched up because she immediately said "not that, the pretty GREEN one!!" I'm all thinking, GREEN?! A GREEN butterfly.... Oooooooh! 
Taryn, Mariah and I all got out of the car and

Taryn, Mariah and I all got out of the car and
snuck up on it with our camera phones. We found out later it was a Luna Moth.
No need to worry, I read on Wiki that after they emerge from their cocoon they climb up on something and wait until their wings dry out before they fly away. Considering it wasn't at all interesting in flying, I was originally thinking that might have been the case. But when I came back a minute later with the trash can from the curb, it was gone. I was kind of sad. :(
But I had sent Grammy down to see it. Apparently, it took off from the wall and hit her right smak dab on her forehead....hahaha! That would have been an awesome photo. So, I am renewing my guess after all that it was a newly emerged moth... and a female one at that!!
2 comments:
Prevening...HA,HA,HA! :D
That's a pretty moth...kinda?!? Your poor Mom... ;)
Not surprised that a reference to a Luna Moth would also give a shout-out to Big Bang Theory
Post a Comment