Note to self: Not sure about this "Two birds with one stone" stuff. We should have chosen the Florida gulf coast where I believe they got a tad more sun and warm weather and just spent more time together than trying to be productive at the same time as vacationing. I do hate that tendency I have. But, when you plan something a couple months in advance, you don't know the weather will be uncooperative for your little window of time. So our beach trip turned into more of a spa trip and everything that we planned to do for morning was pushed to afternoon or to evening, if we went outside to sit in the sun, it rained, if we planned to go out for breakfast we ended up waiting for dinner to eat...that sort of thing. It was weird. We made the best of it, but it was starting to get just a little old by the time we arrived at Mercer and our "luck" was still with us. Indy's host ended up no-showing, we waited 45 minutes for them to scrounge one up and got the tour guide we hated from our previous trip, and then the other great idea I had to finagle a face t0 face interview instead of the phone interview for this Service Scholars thing Indy is trying out for worked, but we had a 6 hr wait from the time her Day & Night deal was over before the interview took place. Argh! We went to the mall, went out for lunch, and napped in the car until it was finally time. The interview went great though. Our drive home was much better than the drive out and we made it home before the storm system moved in the next day dropping tornados along the areas we had just driven through.
Not a lot of photos from St. Simons, but here they are!
After we arrived the Monsoon abated somewhat &
we loved our room with the view of the ocean!
The next morning we headed out for a walk on the beach
to look for seashells.
Surprisingly there were next to none, but instead
several of these jelly fish, some intact and others...ewww, not so much

Indy liked this little crab and his sideways crab tracks

Our hotel back there

I liked this walkway and door to nowhere
It seemed like a great photo op to me until I
realized there was a cup of who knows what right there!

A really cool ocean river
it made a big giant horseshoe along the beach
like a rainbow and the current was pretty swift
It was very windy!they were supposed to have crab but didn't
Luckily we still had one more night to find
crab legs and struck gold at Crabdaddy's!
to improve. Figures!




3 comments:
Looks like a beautiful place to take a vacation! Beach time Spa time both are fun. Sounds like a fin tradition to start... I am pretty sure I worked during my spring break but I may be wrong.
What a fun tratition! Looks like you had a good time! I can't wait to see what Mike and Gib come up with in a few years!!!
That looks like so much fun! What a great idea...I send Eric away with one of the boys and before you now it...I get my own vacation at home! :)
Post a Comment