Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So As Not To Lose You

There's not much to write home about, but I will update the few readers we've got before they become bored and run away.

My mom is heading to San Diego today for a visit and to work at the annual Sage & Songbirds Festival. They hardly know she moved away since she works it every year. She gets to see my brother's new puppy too - a smooth coat collie that is too big to be a Grand Champion, so he & Mikel will make him the center of their universe instead. Photos are in! Here's his cousin - but pup will be much larger. Take a look at pup's legs! I hope they name him Goliath so I can refer to them as David & Goliath.


David's Goliath


Poor Indy is home sick today. She has a stomach flu. So far no fever or other flu symptoms, but we are keeping a watch. She also has not been getting enough hours at work to earn enough to plunk away for college. What good is Mike's spreadsheet if she can't make enough to deposit the right percentage of pay that will net her the money she needs to get by her Freshman year?!

Taryn is awaiting the results of the 2nd ACT test but she doesn't think it went all that great. I've got a bunch of paperwork to fill out and a shopping list of items she needs for Explosives Camp: steel toed boots - do you think I can find them in a size 5? Some special kind of ear plugs and gloves. Looks like they want her to come home with all her fingers & toes and her hearing! I'm all for that!!

Gib went backpacking and did 16 miles in 2 days. He's added a couple items to his shopping list of what he'll need for Philmont too. Something called a Platypus. You drink out of it. I think you wear it and there's a straw thingy so you can just sip away whilst hiking. But Mike says it's not the one I was thinking of that I've seen backpackers wearing on their backs. Who knows what that one is called!

Mariah is officially registered for 6th grade. I am officially signed up to chaperone the U.S. Space & Rocket Center field trip (aka the NASA trip) to Huntsville, Alabama. 12 hours of fun, fun, fun starting at 6 AM.....read that however you like. She is very excited.

Today is bike & water day at preschool. The weather may add more water to our parade. I hope we can have fun before the rain hits. Officer Gilman (I don't know why but I love saying his name) is coming to discuss bike safety and Ms. Jane is returning to be in charge of Fun! Only 5 more days of preschool. I'll sure miss my Pre-K cuties who are graduating to Kindergarten.

Mike is heading to Utah soon. Wish we could join him and have a big ol' visit, but we have final exams. Bad timing!

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am very excited to see him! Such a cute puppy! :) Sorry Indy is not feeling well...

Holly said...

LOL... I meant Mike... :P

Mickie and Matt said...

Camelbak, is that what you were thinking of? Matt had one and loved it on his mission. Hope Indy feels better. Ask Suzanne where to get steel toed boots she has to have them too for work site visits. My mom came on our fieldtrips too, they were great chrissie 12 hours of FUN FUN FUN!!! :)

Trish Griffee said...

oh pretty puppy! Poor Indy..sick sucks! Mariah's in what grade now?! That can't be right, she is 3!