Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Most Important Rule

Indy found out the reason my most important rule at preschool is to Stay Vertical!!! The only exception to this is to read stories, but even then, today I had a hard time getting the little demons off me so I could get back up. Indy stayed half the day with Ms. Leigh, we met up at Chapel time, had lunch together and then we hit the playground.... But, I am getting ahead of the story.

The kids loved her of course. She jumped right in and helped the kids write in their journals, build blocks, and work on their honeybee habitats...even though one of my favorite cuties painted her hair with glue (by mistake)! She smiled and laughed and teased the kids the whole day through. She really IS Chrissie 2.0!!!! On the playground, Indy quickly picked up the games I play with the kids, she got in the Jello Jiggler game and I yelled out "Hey! Who is the GIANT Jiggler in my fridge?!" and a bunch of giggling kids gathered around her to hide her from me. They were quite exuberant in their defense of their new favorite teacher I might add. Indy laughed when I got put in jail. Then I saw her in jail not too long after I made a jail break. I guess they figured as long as one of us was in jail, all was well in their world. I saw several kids hanging off her arms, legs and one on her back and more prepared to make the jump, so I yelled out, "Indy! Remember the most important rule!! STAY VERTICAL!!!" To distract them, and save my daughter, we got in the playground car, but they all started jumping on her and getting in her face (BTDT and it's not fun!) so I picked a few off, reminded them that new teachers need air to breathe, and suggested we surprise Miss Indy with the Shocking Slide game. Indy sure was surprised at how shocking that game really is! Kids with hair standing straight up came down the slide and extended a finger and gave her some good shockeroo's! It's my favorite game to diffuse the wildness and sneak away from 15 kids determined to take you down. While she was doing that, I wandered over to a couple cuties having a little chat and listened in. One gal must have asked about Indy and the answer, filled with pride, "Oh, that's my NEW teacher, Miss. Indy!". Indy pushed kids on the tire swing for awhile and guess what, she didn't lose anyone down the hole in the middle!! See...I told you, she really IS Chrissie 2.0!!

When we left for the day, all the kids were saying, ever so cheerfully, "see ya tomorrow, Miss Indy!" and were quite bummed when they found out the New Teacher wasn't coming back tomorrow. One fellow tried again hopefully "Next week?!". Nope, sorry! Unless.....we can jail break Miss Indy out of high school one last time! (Can you believe there's only 3 more weeks of preschool left?!) When we got in the car, Indy remarked she couldn't believe how tiring a day at preschool is!!! It's amazing, but true! Those kids MOVE!!

4 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

I love when my kids have good teachers!! They can where them out and then I get a "ready for a nap" kid back! It's great!

Holly said...

It sounds like Indy did a great job just like you! I truly wish that my boys had someone like you when I was working. You girls are GREAT!! :)

Kristin said...

If she didn't stay vertical she would have been clobbered!!

And so nice of you to have Indy play the shocking game! LOL

Will said...

"Stay Vertical" is good advice for pre-school, elementary, jr. high, high school, college, etc. if you get what I'm putting down . . .