Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Only A Car

We got the '02 Volvo on Tuesday for a great price! Horrible interest rate, but that made the price go down again and we're refinancing it through our credit union at a low interest rate anyway, so yippee! No more juggling cars and drivers!
We have options! SAFE OPTIONS!!

So I debated on the title of this post:

1) Silver & Gold

because now we have two Volvo S60's: silver '05 and the "new" ash gold one pictured here.

2) "Look! No Grandma Tires!"

because Indy didn't like some of the tires on the older models we saw and called them Grandma Tires. She was happy when she saw this car didn't have nasty tacky old-style wheels. Gib also likes the wheels. I like the tinted windows.

3) It's Only a Car

the winning third quote comes from Taryn who, when Indy was vocalizing her hope that we didn't buy a car with Grandma Tires, replied something to the effect of "It's only a car, Indy".

On Wednesday when they came home from school, I anxiously awaited their arrival so I could ask the all important questions- how was school? and did you like the new car? Taryn emphatically stated said she HATES it and I'm pretty sure she wasn't referring to school. Hey, it's a great car considering what we paid for it!

I think she liked the car more when she didn't think she'd be driving it. Somehow Taryn didn't get the memo that she'd be driving this from now on, Mike would get the truck back, and I'd get the silver Volvo the girls have had the privilege of being spoiled with. Yeah, it's not quite as smooth of a ride, and yeah, it is a serious downgrade not having heated seats, but other than that, it's basically the same car except the interior is beige leather instead of charcoal gray. Oh, and should you have a cassette, you could alternate your CD's with cassettes! Whoo-hooo! And you have to, get this, dial a knob to change radio channels unless you use the controls on the steering wheel which is what we use anyway. It's a funny combination of technology meets blast from the past.

Indy on the other hand, really likes it, which is good because that means she'll be more likely to take it when she's ready for a vehicle in college. This one didn't have the sports pkg which means the seats are slightly different and Indy actually finds them more comfy. If only they were heated, right?! Well, when you're a poor college student, you're lucky if your car has heat and air-conditioning!

So, in the end, I think she couldn't wait to tell Taryn,

"C'mon, it's only a car!"

2 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

oh I love Volvo's.

Holly said...

That is a great car even IF 'it's only a car'! :) No more 'car shuffle'-YEEWHO! :D