Friday, March 27, 2009

It's a Two-fer

So, while I was incommunicado those past couple weeks, a couple really nice things happened that I wanted to share. One was that our niece Mickie visited Emily's grave for us last week which meant the world to me. She sent a photo and everything. Emily would have been 12 this year. So sweet of her to do that for us, especially considering she is expecting a baby! You don't see that kind of selfless giving very often. It's always a bittersweet time for me and the world goes on but for me it's like moving through mud in slow motion. It really brightened the week for me, so thanks Mickie!

Another nice thing that happened last week was when Fred did something really sweet for me. I was getting my hair cut, so I wore my new red shoes I found in Florida the day before Fred's wedding because I knew Lori would flip over them. My hairdresser was chatting away and then she spotted them and froze, then she goes, "where did you get those?". So I smiled and announced, "Florida!". She would have ripped them off my feet and made me leave with a nice hairdo and barefoot, but luckily for me she wears a size 10. (wow, that's a big foot, huh?!). So, anyway, she was so enamored of my red shoes, and I was too, that I decided to call the store where I bought them and see if she could order them over the phone and have them shipped. They said NO. So I asked if they would hold them because their price was about $20 cheaper than anything online and then I called & emailed Fred and asked if he would go get them and mail them to me. He did - what a sweet guy! Of course he played golf first, but we forgive him for that. When I called Lori over the next couple days, she never said hello, she just answered the phone going, "do you find my shoes?" & "did Fred go get my shoes?" and "are you coming over with my shoes?". It was really funny. But, Lori and I just LOVE Fred and our red shoes! By the way, the dentist did too, but I told her there was only room for two pairs of these red shoes in my town.

2 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

No problem, I always think about her when my daffodils are coming up :)

Kristin said...

Cute shoes!