Here's one of Gib's paintings from his 8th grade Art class. His first ever. He did pretty good, dontcha think?!

Taryn has been hard at work on the ACT prep class and is taking the final class & practice test this weekend. The following Saturday she takes the ACT test for real and then she takes it again for real in school on 4/22. I sure hope she has been as diligently studying as I have been diligently nagging. It sure is alot of hardwork...for both of us! We've started the college search process and I've already logged in several hours this week alone in that endeavor.
Mariah sadly experienced some bullying at school. It makes me see red and I feel so bad for her. She did get to see the fearsome Mama Bear emerge though. That's always a sight to behold. Well, she knows she's loved and her family is in her corner and nobody wants to mess with her mama! I am actually looking forward to Mariah getting into middle school because the drama level goes down when it's not one group of 20+ all day and everyone changes classes each period.
Indy is now serving all the time when she works and not hostessing at all anymore. She was kind of bummed at first because she liked doing both, but now she likes it. One cool leftover from being a "slash" employee for so long - when she was a runner the other night her base pay was as a hostess instead of the measly server wage! She is starting to really rock the serving job too and her tips are getting better and better. Indy is always in the top rankings and last night came home with the news that she moved up from her previous highest ranking at #4 to #2 of all the servers there for last month!
I have started another search for a 2002-2006 Volvo. I actually found the perfect vehicle on my first day of going "hmmmm, I think I will look to see if there's a cheap Volvo out there" but it happened so fast that we wanted to think on it overnight and lost out. Oh well, we're in no hurry. It'll happen if it's meant to be. The van has really kinda had it. Mike thinks one more repair before we send it to the gallows, but even then, we've got a bit of a conundrum here between cars and drivers, and cars that our drivers can actually drive. So the plan is that if we can find a Volvo cheap enough it will make the summer soooo much easier and then when Indy is ready she can take over the remaining loan if she wants it. Or Taryn can do the same when she goes off to college and if Indy takes that Volvo, we'll hunt up another pre-owned cheapie for Taryn. Then we'll be back at the drawing board for Gib. We might still try one more time on the van so we have it as a backup vehicle, but it will never go far. That last family trip to St. Augustine was its final hurrah.
6 comments:
Love the painting...
Congrats on the poker game. Everone hates playing with me becasue I am so randome...
I hate bullies too...
Good luck on the ACTS...
Nice job Indy...
Okay-Gib's picture is great! Holy cow...what talent!
Riah-I hate the bullying thing, and this is where you and I are VERY much a like...MAMA BEAR! ;)
I hope T does well on her ACT's...good thoughts coming her way.
I wish you guys were closer...then I could tip Indy for a yummy served dinner. :P
Youre BACK! I was wondering when the next post would be! I was about to call and see if ya'll were on vacation or something. :)
Your presence in the blogging world was missed but I can't say that I started panicking. Glad that life seems to be going pretty well. I'd enjoy poker night with y'all.
I was starting to think you and Ray were in the same world of blogging! Glad Will doesn't have to axe you from his list anymore! :)
Hey now>>> Ray didn't actually get ax'ed. He knows the "Will" rules and gets one up there every now and again. Just enough to keepum looking :-)
good luck with the cars and ACT and other such stuff. And I think Gib's picture was really good.
Post a Comment