It is with a heavy heart, and a constant fear that I pray continuously to keep under control, that I share with you the news that Indie has been seriously ill. Today, she and I will be returning to Georgia to meet with one of her doctors. Either today or tomorrow we will find out the results of a scan testing for cancer. Please keep us, and the entire family, in your prayers.
Should we receive some positive news that at present, she did not "light up" in the PET scan, she will probably get a green light to go to Ethiopia and Armenia. It is her fondest dream to go. If she shows no cancer at present, she will be scanned for another year.
Lymphoma is one the dr's are most concerned about. She did test positive for Lupus so if cancer is ruled out I suppose more tests will be ordered to pursue the auto-immune avenue and her service work abroad will more than likely still take place providing she is physically up to it.
6 comments:
We will keep you in our prayers.
Same here and it looks like I'll need to have Wikipedia close at hand cause I dont' know what those diseases are . . .
A friend's mom from our younger years has Lupus... I still don't know much about it, but I hope it's not a severe case. We love you and you will be in our prayers.
Prayers, Prayers, Prayers! After seeing how they worked with my little Baylee's issues, I will gladly send them your way, but ever knowing that "thy will be done!" We send our love during this scary time!
Prayers are with you. Love to all.
We'll pray for Indie. Scary stuff we;ll pray for all ya'll and for a clean PET scan. I hopw she feels better soon!
Post a Comment