Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cracked Part II

Mike was up to bat this week in a big way. He changed work locations. His commute was cut in half. From 2 miles to 1. He could bike or walk it, really. It's a beautiful walk from here with gorgeous tree lines sidewalks. He doesn't seem to be in the mood, however. He also got to bring our college girls' belongings home, and one of the college girls came back with her stuff! My dining room looks a little like an episode of The Hoarders.

Mike drove to Macon on Thursday, there and back; he got a little bit of sleep and headed to Missouri on Friday morning for another load and go. Indy will drive herself home, but Taryn came back with all her shoes! It took them awhile as they stopped in St. Louis to spend time with Tim and went to dinner and stuff. Which was probably a good idea since the President was at Fort Campbell and I don't know how that affected traffic. Sometimes they shut down the freeway for a few hours for security.

Taryn finished her last final on Tuesday and spent the week packing and playing with her MS& T crowd. She will go back in July to be a counselor for the HGR program (Hit The Ground Running) which she participated in as a Freshman. It helps the incoming college students become acclimated to college life, the school, get to know some students and take a few classes for college credit. I think it is a very helpful program. She will be paid for 20 hrs a week and room & board. I know Taryn will miss her college life but I think she will enjoy the break from classes and take full advantage of the kitchen and extended sleeping hours.



Her fishie and Indy's fish have taken up residence in the kitchen and the dining room. Indy is going to laugh when she sees how backward I set her tank up. The castle I popped in early Friday morning when I realized her catfish was going crazy without a place to hide. It was dark and I didn't pay attention until it was too late and he was already inside it. I figured, oh well. When I got home Friday afternoon, I spoke to her and got instructions on how to finish setting up her tank. I think I have her lid on upside down and her filter on the wrong side. The fish seem a little discombobulated. See? Don't they look confused to you?!




Fishy is currently still inside his parmesan cheese shaker but that is inside the fish bowl getting acclimated to the water temp. I couldn't find Taryn's PH balance tabs so I can't transfer the poor little Blue Guy. He's a hardy fella, having survived trips back and forth from Rolla so I guess a few hours more won't hurt him.




Indy is spending a couple days in Macon and will return home on Sunday. All of her stuff, is here! Plus some new things we picked up at silent auctions and yard sales for the apartment she gets to live in just off campus next August! Yay finally no roommates! And a pet! We are so excited about that!


I took Gib with me the day he was "needed at home" and was, therefore, unable to attend a Pep Rally at school to the animal shelter to check out a cat I thought Indy might like. That poor kitty got an upper respiratory infection and was quarantined. They said we could see him on our way out but couldn't enter the building again if we did. In the end we decided not to so as not to bring any contagion home to our cats. It was a good thing Gib, the voice of reason and utterer of "let's go mom" was there. There were a couple of cats I really wanted to pet and there were adorable kittens! Gib, by the way, has the total magic touch with cats. They LOVE him. This one also apparently loves Dr. Pepper. I think that makes her a keeper. So was the guy next to him. And the calico on her right that Gib called Cheeseburger was ALL OVER him when she had been lying in a super depressed state and wouldn't even raise her head a few minutes before. I was yesterday's cat meat with Gib there. (Poor Gib those places make him sad and I really don't blame him). Next time I'll take Mariah. She will agree to playing with kittens and everything, and I'll make her break it to her daddy about how we ended up with another feline!!!






Moving On:

After a LONG preschool field trip day at a nature center park hiking, playgrounding, picnicking, tadpole catching, walking, and ALOT of sun (which felt glorious!) I was so tired I could barely move. But I was texted to get moving boxes and a filter for Indy's fish tank. So Gib, Riah and I went to the stores. I get a little punchy when I go over the top:



The next morning I think I was still under the influence. I was trying to get one of my little minions to entertain me. Now, now... don't worry. No bunny's were harmed in the filming of this video. I knew there was no way Diego would reach it in time. I just wanted to see how close he could get. The bunny is by the long driveway and sidewalk. It's very quiet (we WERE hunting you know. You'll have to turn up the volume or just inject your own voiceovers - that's always fun).








Am I the cat whisperer or what? Not a dog whisperer though. By any stretch of the imagination!!! Bahahaha!!!

1 comment:

Will said...

Yay for a shorter commute and you made me want a kitty.