Indy has been home for a couple of days. Today she and Mike have been working on getting her clothes prepped with Sawyers anti-insect stuff for Africa. She is ready to pack. Tomorrow we leave for Atlanta to spend the night and be at the airport for a very early flight out to Ethiopia. Here she is being funny as I walked by. She was gathering her items, but snagged Gib's jungle boots for the photo. He is leaving shortly for Boundary Waters. His clothes were Sawyer'd by ME! I did a better job, I'm sure, so Indy if you get eaten alive by insects, it's Dad's fault. I went out there and told him to saturate the clothing!
Back to the yard! A side view of the finished product

The all important bbq area. We need to get a couple of barstools so Mike and Gib can take a load off while they work diligently on not overcooking our steaks

A view of our patio exit from the house which is my morning spot
We have our eye on a nice set of furniture but it will have to wait awhile, in the meantime, this will do quite nicely
The firepit
The last part to be finished just in the time for the weekend was the staining of the concrete. We are happy with it!!!Many blessings have come our way to make living here a possibility for Grammy and our family and we are very thankful for them. We are also very thankful for Indie's improved health and the prayers of many over her. We will keep her in our prayers that she has strength and vitality while in Ethiopia and returns to us safe and sound, having had a wonderful journey filled with awesome memories and stories to share.
4 comments:
You have a very nice place! It is so good to hear that Indy is feeling better and able to go on her trip! I love your wicker furniture, you should keep it:) Have a great weekend!
I am interested in killing the insects, not my daughter with the Sawyers bug spray!
The back looks amazing!
I am glad to hear the Indy is feeling better. Good luck on the trip!
Mike has a point!
Yay, for blessings!
Post a Comment