So much has happened in the almost 2 weeks since I last put anything up on the blog, who knows what to even write anymore. When in doubt, just jump in right where you're at...
I am home with Mariah today, who has a cold which is compounded by allergies. It was probably the worst day EVER to be away from preschool. We're down 3 staff and people filling in for each other, subs, cabin fever, change of schedule, etc. It's days like these where I am just cringing to hear from someone that everyone survived OK because these are the times when stuff happens.
Well, McKitty is still here. He really loves us. He's very loveable. I could easily work him into our household except for one major problemo....named Diego. Everything was going so well until 2 days ago when the weather FINALLY warmed up enough between snow storms to introduce McKitty to the cats face to face and the outdoors. I figured that was the final test. If he came back, then he would either be an outdoor cat who showed up for food, or if he was a fighter, then he would have to go. Well, it was neither. McKitty pretty much walked by my side like a dog and doesn't fight anyone. He romped around for awhile and then wanted back in. He really doesn't want to be separated from his new people. He's really attached to Mariah, who seems to be quite allergic to him. It's probably not gonna work.
Diego, on the other hand, has gone into battle mode and is one angry fella right now. He's gonna have to work on those anger issues, like today, or things are gonna get serious. I'll be understanding that I created this dilemma only so far. To help him with his problem, I'm not letting McKitty out of the bedroom at all today - no tv time or people time (poor McKitty). However, Diego is also sequestered. I'm not in the mood to be blitzed by an angry cat again. Chino and Pixie are rather tired of it too.
My vet is trying to help me solve this problem. Outside of prozac for Diego, which I don't see me getting near enough to administer, it looks like McKitty will have to go. That makes me actually shed a tear. He really wiggled his way in my heart. I know Mariah and Gib really like him too. We can't figure out why he makes them have allergies though when the other cats don't. Must be some kind of dander thing. I thought it was the tomcat smell, but it should be almost gone now.
McKitty is just so dang adorable and he talks to you constantly which is kind of funny. After I described how easily he bonds and how unagressive he is with all 3 of my cats, my vet called someone who they think might be able to get him in an exclusive no-kill rescue. The kind that has weekend adoptions. Because of his adorable face and nature, and his willingness to "talk" and head butt for affection, I think his chances for a home would be good. I just didn't want him to go in a cage. This one has placement in homes so I'm really hoping it works.
I try to live by the adage, "Unto the Least of These" but sometimes I really wonder if the motto "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" gets alot more mileage.
3 comments:
Bummer...it sounds like McKitty is a good cat. Now that's not saying I want another... Believe me, I didn't want Kitty. It's good things my hubby and boys love him or I could've shipped him off to TN easily. ;o)
Well, I really hope McKitty finds a good home. It makes me sad that someone that friendly will be lonely.
awww. i kinda wanted to meet Mckitty
Post a Comment