Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas in Pictures

Christmas 2010 was wonderful and unique. We had snow! It was amazingly quiet both inside the house and outside - you know how it is when it snows. It is a very rare event for Tennessee to have snow on Christmas Day. The first time in 17 years! Another first: I moved the tree to the dining room window. It's going back to the old spot next Christmas though. It didn't get admired enough and the presents didn't get shaken enough!


Not a creature was stirring.... waiting on people to wake up, get beautiful and discover what Santa has brought them in their stockings!
I'm in! I didn't get beautiful and I resent that Mike is taking the photo. C'mon, it's PJ time.
Mariah is ready and waiting impatiently for her siblings.

Grammy is in!
Indy makes a mad dash, overtaking Taryn and Gib. We let Mariah go first since she had waited FOREVER for Indy to get beautiful. Ahh, the excitement of Christmas morning, never gets old around here. Even if some people wouldn't mind sleeping in until noon for it.
Let the festivities begin!
Gib has an Xbox. And a knife. And a very weird look on his face.
The men in my family have a thing about using pocket knives to open presents. Geez.
It's like a using a blow torch to light a candle.
The rest of us got by with just our fingers. Imagine that.
My mom got to choose the first 2 presents from the Christmas tree.
Mariah got her leather coat!
She's been very stylish in it...even wearing it with her jammies.
Indy got a... "rug with rocks?"
It's a beach stone table runner Indy. Everyone knows that. And yes, it's from CWC.

Indy's choosing the next 2 presents. I don't know why we're laughing. "Tooshie Girl's" present is still on the tree, so that's not it. Indy had very unique labels on her gifts.
Oh no wait, I think she WAS getting Tooshie Girl! And these two were arguing about which one of them was Tooshie Girl!! Yeah, that was it. It was Mariah. And it had nothing to do with her personally. The gift was a cute little felt santa suit and to get to the present you had to open the back flap. Indy is a sick individual, that is all I can say.
Haha! Look at Mariah ever so delicately extracting her gift from the Tooshie. And Taryn is just thrilled it's not her. I love my family!!!
"YESSSS!!!!!!"
Chino's making sure Grammy doesn't make too much of a mess.
Little does he know... WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN!
click on the next post to continue....

1 comment:

Indy said...

I love my "mad dash" photo. It's perfect. Taryn is clearly laughing at me and trying to avoid getting pushed over. Gib is chuckling and I can almost see him shaking his head at me!! I just figured us kids used to do EXACTLY that, so why stop now? Apparently, they didn't buy into the idea.