Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Indy's Blog: What Really Happened

Today we had the lovely opportunity to take family photos. Where you might ask? At a barn. Oh yes, that means we were outdoors. The temperature, you wonder? THIRTY DEGREES. I was not pleased. It put me in quite the bad mood before leaving, especially during the frantic search for a clean undershirt while wondering if I even had one at all. My nose was running in anticipation. Needless to say, it was quicker than I imagined, judged by the fact that my fingers did not fall off from frostbite. It is my only hope that when the pictures come back we all have red noses. We can be the Rudolph family. Ahhh, what a thought.

The best part, though, was the taunting during individual photos. I was exempt from this process. Why? Because my individual photos were first, and on top of that, I started the taunting promptly on the next photo victim. (Mwa ha ha). The whole family joined in on this one. And for the ones who may try to wash their hands of this type of torture, we all know you laughed! To enlighten you all, here is a play-by-play of the background noise. Don't we all wonder what was going on when a photo was taken? Well here's your chance.

What really happened during the individual photos for....

Taryn: "Say Tim! TTTTIIIIMMMMM! TIM THE BOYFRIEND!! Oh look at that smile! How cute. TTTIIIMMMMM! *Laughter**Rest of the family has caught on to the trend-many "Tim"'s ensue* TINY TIM!! He's not tiny! She is half his size! He's like 14 inches taller than her!! TTTIIIMMMMM!"

Gib: "So who is the girl, Gib?? *silence - he reveals nothing* C'mooonnnn you gotta give us SOMETHING! Yeah!! Something!! *I have found Mariah can be a good sidekick. You know, one who repeats certain words you say for emphasis* Ooooookkk say PPPPAAAAUUUULLLLL!! (Gib's best friend) *Hilarious laughter at this wonderful idea* PPPPAAUUUULLLLL! Ok how 'bout this. Say PPPPPAAAAUUUULLLLIIIIEEEEEE! PPPPAAAUUULLLILIIEEE!! He's cute, isn't he?? *Gib is laughing enough for it to be seen in the photos* Awwww look at how happy Gib is to hear about Paulie!! PPPAAAUUULLLIIIEEE!!"

Mariah: "Any boys Mariah? HMMM? Like anyone??? *She had to have known this was coming. In fact, she was probably dreading it.* Do you llliiiiikkkeee anyone? You know, like-like? *Mom bursts out* SAY TRENT! Trrreeeennnntttt! Oooo a boy named Trent, eh?? TRRREEEENNNNNTTT! TREEENNNNTTT! *Mariah loudly responds that she hates Mom*"

Mom&Dad: "Ok, remember to look cute! ...Mom, you look scared. Frightened, even! It is like you're screaming inside, 'I don't know this man! I DON'T KNOW THIS MAN! HELP! HELP!' *Mom laughs during the photo and says thanks a lot (for the humor, I bet!)* Well then you should smile like you mean it! Be happy!!"



Overall, I think Gib suffered the worst at the hands of a good joke. I know my Mom mentioned I have a sick and twisted sense of humor, but what she didn't mention is that I love to watch other people squirm when they get teased. ESPECIALLY family! :)

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

We'll get you yet My Indy! And hey, you forgot to mention that due to the extreme temps and freaky conditions, even in the shade, me & dad's glasses wouldn't transition back to normal clear lenses! So neither of us could actually SEE anything. The whole thing is one big blur for me! I was just trying to look like I knew what I was looking at and not be cross-eyed! This should be good.

Holly said...

HAHAHA! Poor Gib... You sound like you got your Mama's humor... ;o)

Will said...

That was awesome. I can totally picture the whole thing. Those moments are family classics!