Monday, November 8, 2010

Campus Reports

Mike and I returned from Macon yesterday. We spent a long weekend with Indie on the occasion of her sorority's Feast of Roses, a dinner to cap off the new pledges initiation. Since Indie and her friend officially pledged last April, they aren't exactly new but they didn't go through this last year. So we took advantage of this opportunity to do so now. It was great to spend the time one on one with Indie and just chill. We hung out, ran some errands, and watched movies (2 at the theater: Red and Hereafter, and 1 at our hotel room: Knight and Day). We enjoyed them all. It was also nice to eat out so many times in a row. I think we were all quite full by the time the weekend was over. Indie has lots of plans and she will be busy next semester and hopefully if everything works out the way she hopes, and like why wouldn't the universe cooperate?!, she will have many service and leadership opportunities on campus and abroad.

As we were pulling away and watching Indie drive toward her college while we headed north, I commented that it was a great visit and now we needed to do the same with Taryn!

Speaking of whom.....

Meanwhile, Taryn was doing all she could just to survive on her campus during the brutal week long Humans vs. Zombie. We are not sure she survived the final encounter as she is seen here in a green bandana and I kind of thought that meant you were a zombie. Mike was reading me the stats today but the page isn't current as of the final battle on Sunday: 159 dead - that means they started the game as humans, became zombies and then died, so they are out. 21 zombies, 69 Humans. I'm starting to wonder if the game will ever end... I think they like it too much! Taryn's boyfriend Tim writes the best logs about it too. At any rate, the fact that Taryn made it as far as she did as a human is definitely something to blog about!!!


3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am rooting for you Taryn!

Taryn said...

the final mission was sunday, which meant the end of the game. We all died at the end becuase us humans won the first part of the mission, but the zombie won the second part. I was tagged near the end of the first mission, but it didnt matter because i made it to the final mission so i was considered a human for the remainder of the game, even if i was tagged.

Holly said...

That sounded like FUN!