Friday, July 3, 2009

Where in the Wilderness is Gib?

This is the map of Gib's trek. He is on Day 3 today. To the left is a bar that shows you the miles and elevation they will hike each day. If you look at the Itinerary below, you can see their destination and what they'll be doing at camp and follow it on the map. The total trek is a rugged 71 miles - the Mt. Baldy hike on day 10 looks like it put the double GG in rugged: grunts and gasps for air may be all the sound the guys will be capable of. But I think all the hiking they did beforehand put them in great shape for Philmont and Gib will probably run up Mt. Baldy. Double G will forevermore stand for Go Gib!!!
I was thinking of pulling a Kristin and making up a blog post each day on behalf of Gib. I really enjoyed the ones she did for the cruise. Mike said NO, he didn't think it would be funny, but I think I could go pretty far on refried bean jokes from the Mexican Homestead they stayed at today.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

lol I thought it was pretty funny. DOoooo iiiiiitttttt!!!

Holly said...

Too funny! I did like reaing about what you did before you did it! ;)