Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Remember Me?

That's a good question and a good title to this blog!

I was going to call it "Not Having Pasta for Dinner" until blogspot asked "remember me?" and I flashed back to the last time I blogged and wondered...will anyone remember me?! Of course you do, so technically the question is will anyone remember to check our blog and read it.

So, back to the pasta thing. Taryn texted me today from Adventure Science Center while I had my visiting teachers over. She said she was dissecting sheep's brains right then. Ewwwwwww. And she didn't sound all that unhappy about it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that text felt exuberant.
Could be I'm mixing up anxiety with excitement. It's hard to tell in texting. A little "ewww" clue would have helped. My reply was "nasty" btw.

Can I just say it feels good to be able to blog? For a very long time I didn't have it in me to be my funny little self. (tears in my eyes). I didn't even think I would be able to today either. Grief is just hard to explain. But on the way home from the massage I finally cashed in on today I felt a blog coming in on me courtesy of the Farm Town server crash and Taryn's sheep brains and the possibilities for posts starting winging through my head again. So if I can't check MY brain at the door of Farm Town and sort through my emotional overload by harvesting, plowing, planting, and moving my barn around and catching my wayward sheep (whoa, that was kinda a creepy connection) then I guess I am forced to jump back in where I left off in the blog of Ringo's World.

We leave for a few days on our Waterworld adventure- the 4 days of lake fun with the scouts. Let's all hope and pray that the deluge of rain we are having today and is forecasted to remain with us with a 60% chance of storms until 8/6 is just WRONG. Or it will go down as the muddiest Waterworld on record.

I will try to bring myself to update on everyone before we go since it's been sooooo long!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Welcome back! I have missed your blogs. ;) Farm Town, eh? Con keeps trying to get me to play it... I LOVE YOU! Glad you have a 'smile' in your heart, step and world! :)

Mickie and Matt said...

I have a vague recollection of you... hmmm

just kiddin... Ive missed your posts. Even Matt noticed a litle while ago (I usually tell him what is going on with everyone in the bloggin world) and he said "all is quiet from the TN fam huh?" If he noticed it must have been a while

WELCOME BACK! I'll hope and pray for better weather...

Will said...

Well, Mudworld sounds like it would be an adventure.

Kristin said...

Don't worry. I am on a blogging hyadus right now too.