Our blog has been temporarily suspended as we help a dear family and close friends in the terrible tragedy and loss of their husband and father who died of a heart attack. Monday night we got the emergency call and took off in two cars. I went to their house to take care of things with another friend and Mike went to the hospital. Things were under control at the house, so I stayed there alone and my other girlfriend joined them at the hospital. After many hours where things were touch and go, they were able to give a blessing, prayed and prayed, but sadly the husband of my friend passed away in the wee hours of Tuesday, July 7.
We have been pleased to be able to help while family arrives and a son who was a week from finishing his mission returned home to a very bittersweet reunion. Blessings have been landing on heads like crazy and the Spirit of healing is strong but the pain is immense and a family with 5 kids age 21 to 5 have a major loss to adjust to. A graveside service is planned for this weekend so I expect the blog will continue on Sunday. Please keep this family in your prayers and be proud of Mike. From what I hear, I can never complain about him again to my friend after what he and she went through together because he was beyond wonderful.
4 comments:
My prayers are with you and your friend's families. I am glad you were there to help... hugs.
My heart goes out to them.
Take my heart too.
I was wondering where you had gone, reading that post I almost got a tear in my eye. I can't begin to imagine how that would be. Your friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment