Today was Taryn's Birthday!
She got donuts & a bucket filled with 16 different kinds of candy!
And that's a Sweet 16!
FYI: Taryn has a little problemwith whipped cream....
This is about half the usual amount!
She had a great 16th b-day! A friend came over and helped her out with all the candy and they did their hair and nails. Taryn has a past history of coloring her hair with Sharpies, so Indy and Joe gave her red, turquoise, and violet temporary hair coloring gel. She was thrilled! The girls spent the whole afternoon applying streaks...too bad this photo doesn't show them off. Taryn also received a gift from our family tradition of bestowing a piece of jewelry in their birthstone on their 16th bday that their mother received when they were born. In Taryn's case, we never did find any pearls I liked, and the argument of alexandrite vs pearls was never settled between Mike and I, so, nothing was purchased in 1992. At one time we had a couple loose pearls to be set in a ring but they got lost. As the years went by, every now and then we'd look, but never found the right jewelry that said "Taryn" to us. That is, until last year...the clock was ticking and we were so happy to find a really nice mother of pearl medallion in Cancun. Taryn loves it and was happy she didn't get a string of pearls. Like mother like daughter!
6 comments:
Happy birthday Taryn!
I love the "Sweet" 16 gifts! YUMMY!
Yumm doughnuts! Happy Birthday!!
I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice, but Sweet 18? I count 18 donuts!
Yes, Will....and I just knew you'd notice! We were going to get 16, but it was actually less expensive to get 18, and since there are 7 of us, plus 2 guests that came by, it was good we had two extras!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY T!!! LOVE YOU! YOu have a great family who loves you sooo much! :)
Post a Comment