Yesterday, Mike, Indy, my mom and I all donated at a Red Cross blood drive. Mike was bragging about how fast he finished (5:00 flat) because of his exemplary veins. Not that competition factors in every facet of our lives or anything, but I set out to bleed faster. Luckily for me, I got William, perhaps the best phlebotomist ever! I seriously didn't even feel the needle go in, and I finished in 4:41!!! Whooo-hooo! That was way cool. And just for the record, our 4 person-3 generation donation of healthy blood by super bleeders completely screwed up the timing because every time they got one of us hooked up, just as they were starting to begin on another donor, we'd be done! Mom and Indy finished around 6 and 7 minutes. Indy kind of drifted off and forgot to keep squeezing the thingey (the secret to success)...but it was only her second time donating blood. I'm sure she'll take the Gold someday. But then again, 4:41 is going to be hard to beat!
Afterwards, we all went out to lunch at Chick-Fila's. Isn't that everybody's idea of an excellent afternoon?!
4 comments:
Okay, okay - you can HAVE the "Freakishly Weird"-title. You guys are too much!
I am cringing at the thought of giving blood. Ahhhh!
Good for you for giving blood! You crack me up! I can't wait to show you my picture of St. Joe's in the ground... :)
Woah Woah Woah just thinking about donating blood makes me want to pass out... Good for you guys! I cant do it!
Post a Comment