I am recuperating from my shoulder surgery yesterday, and am pleasantly surprised to find out that when you're interrupted from being zonked out on painkillers like 9 times in a hour, it becomes possible to get up and blog!! I didn't think I'd have the use of both hands to type, but I do - it hurts just a little, so for a change, I'll be short & sweet!
My mom taught Mariah how to make a quilt - and she gave it to me for Mother's Day. I've been sleeping with it today and it is nice & cozy! She worked on it feverishly for 2 weeks and it is beautiful! I need to take a photo of it. She was such a natural at it, and enjoyed sewing so much, that Grammy signed Mariah up for a one week summer Quilting class.
My mom taught Mariah how to make a quilt - and she gave it to me for Mother's Day. I've been sleeping with it today and it is nice & cozy! She worked on it feverishly for 2 weeks and it is beautiful! I need to take a photo of it. She was such a natural at it, and enjoyed sewing so much, that Grammy signed Mariah up for a one week summer Quilting class.
Today was the first day of class.
Here she is busy sewing away!
This was what she accomplished today.
Mariah had ever sewn.


7 comments:
I hope you feel better soon! Love the quilt... :)
Nice job on the quilt..does she want to do mine...I never started it.
What a cool class. Can I join? I can be out there tonight ;P What a great job, and I LOVE the colors!
Good job Mariah. I joking told Kristin that I could sew if I wanted to and she proceeded to list techniques and terms that I wouldn't know . . . sheesh.
WOOOAH! Let me tell you when I was 14 or someting we had to make a quilt for YW and it is HORRIBLE. Good Job Mariah that look fabulous!
I love the crazy colors and patterns she choose. And hope the shoulders back to normal soon, or better than normal soon!
Great Job Mariah. Just another example of one of those exceptionally talented and OUTSTANDING Coombs children!!!
Post a Comment