Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whats happen'n

Boy Scouts

Gib atteneded a Merit Badge University this last Saturday and passed off Art and First Aid. He is excited for his first ever ski trip that the troop is doing over Presidents weekend in February. We , he and I, will be going to Sugar Mountain for 3 days. This will be the first time I have gone skiing in probably 10+ years.

See http://www.skisugar.com/conditions/


Girl Scouts

Mariah has just completed her first foray in Sales. She sold over a hundred boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. She enjoys the twice monthly meetings and loves any associated GS activity.


Commission

Indy has already blown past her sales quota for the month of January at the music store. This has the distinct advantage for her to receive commision money on top of her wages. This will be the first time she has surpassed her quota, tough to do as a part-timer.


EFY

Indy and Taryn have applied for EFY in St. Petersburg, Florida this year. Each year has been a different location. We have done Bowling Green, KY, Buena Vista, VA, and Gainsville, GA, previously. Turns out that Grandpa Fred lives just a mere 15 minute drive from the EFY college location in Florida, Ekerd College. We will fly them to Tampa Bay and let Grandpa Fred deliver and return them. I am sure the girls will take the opportunity to spend some extra days with Grandpa Fred and the nearby Florida Beaches.


Bye, Bye, Birdie

Taryn and Indy have been selected to participate in the school play. Practices begin today. They are both excited. They had such a good time doing "Seussical the Musical" last year, I expect they will enjoy this one just as much. You will certainly have some pictures posted of this once they are in production.


21 Anniversary

Chrissie and I just passed our 21 anniversary last week. We went to Stoney River for dinner (a day early) and have planned a three day getaway weekend starting Friday to Hot Springs, Arkansas. We will enjoy being together without any "parental responsibilities" for the short period of time. Grammy, you're up - don't let them take advantage of you!!

See http://www.arlingtonhotel.com/

4 comments:

Holly said...

YAY a blog!
Okay-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! WOW has it been that long? Very cool...
Meeting a quota at part-time-WOW-impressive!
Yeewho for skiing! Do not break anything! ;)
A little girl came by and asked if I wanted cookies...this is the first year I did not buy a TON. :(
I for sure want to see pics when the girls are in their play! CONGRATS!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Congrats to all! Florida would be fun for EFY. I only did it at BYU and then in Atlanta. Have fun on your anniversary getaway:)

Kristin said...

Bye bye birdie should be a pretty good play.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up-date!