Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chrissie’s Corner and Snowflake Lane

Well, we actually had a little snow for an hour or so. It’s a remote possibility that school will be cancelled – we can only hope! Oh, guess what? It’s snowing again…no school, no school, no school…oh, wait, if there’s no school I won’t get to have my 3rd annual luncheon tomorrow I started with my fellow ward sisters who have lost babies. Hmmm….that’s a hard one to decide which I want more. On one hand, I can always reschedule a lunch, especially one where we’ll have a couple teary moments, but on the other hand, sleeping in on a Thursday is pretty high up there on the happiness-meter!

Mariah went out and made snowballs. She brought in one the size of a quarter and I laughed at her, mostly because she actually put it in the freezer (remember I told you about that!). So then she went out and made a decent sized snowball. Put that one in the freezer. Went out again, and came in, I hear a “splat!” and then an “oops!” and laughed again. Well, there’s one clean spot on the floor now! Grammy took a photo of Mariah.






7 comments:

Holly said...

LOL! I have to say...you must be getting what we just had for snow. It did not last here-just the COLD! I did enjoy sleeping in...that extra hour is wonderful! ;)

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Man, watching the TV early the morning with our fingers crossed that our county would be on the list of those that would not be having school and then cheering if it was. Let's be honest, in Georgia it did not take too much to count for a snow day. Good memories! Have fun with the snow:)

Trish Griffee said...

Oh man I'm so sick of the snow. I do remember putting snow balls in the freezer when I was little though.

I can count on one hand the amount of snow days we had here in Utah. There were a few 2+ feet of snow days that mom made snow days. Does that count.

Anonymous said...

Well it was just a big bummer not to have a snow day today....oh well, we had a nice lunch at TGIF's. I'm on my 3rd migraine pill though - I'm dying here.

Anonymous said...

I can only remember one day in Ca. that it snowed. I was in 7th or 8th grade. But pahleese, it wasn't really snow, maybe cold dust on the ground.

In Oregon, we seem to have about one snow day a year. I had no kids this year to enjoy the day off, oh well....

Kristin said...

You can have all the snow from here. It is snowing as I type.

Holly said...

Where is a blog? I now have time to read them...and no new blog! PLEASE write one! ;)