Chrissie and I spent the weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas. We spent Friday afternoon site seeing - the Bath House Row museum and Thermal Cascade and ate at a nice german restaurant. I had goulash and Chris had bratwurst. Saturday was an all day event at the Oaklawn Horse races. We were supposed to do this on Friday, but a late start from Franklin got us there too late, so we swapped days. I did pretty well opening with a winner on the first race. Missed the Daily Double by 2 feet. My horse in the second race was leading all the way and then was edged out at the last second. Oh well, we enjoyed the day. After the races we ate at a South American restaurant. The hotel had a spa package that was part of our deal. This allowed us to get a 20 minute bath in the natural hot spring water and then a massage.

Arlington Hotel

Thermal Cascade

Oaklawn Racetrack

Before the crowds got there - It was a capacity crowd.

Ronald Reagan's Suite - Just down the hall from us.
They tell us that Al Capone use to visit on a regular basis and rented out the whole 4th floor when he was there.
4 comments:
It looks like you had a nice weekend. I love Chrissie in her glasses... ;) Al Capone-eh? WOW!
Well at least you one once! it sounds like a nice relaxing weekend with out the kids.
Sounds like a good time! What I wouldn't give for a weekend away:)
Ooh fun. I love vacations. That looks like a great place to visit.
Post a Comment