Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chrissie's Corner and College Ave

So, I get the old “why don’t YOU write something” from Mike today seeing as how I have been bugging him to post something….

Well, it IS his blog, but maybe we should convert to a family blog, but I just don’t know if I can be creative under the name of Ringo. It’s just not ME.

I’ll give it the old “college try” since that subject has been uppermost in my mind and agenda lately. I’ve got Indy signed up for another college campus visit in February at Vanderbilt University. Wowzer – that is one expensive school! Too bad BYU isn’t on Indy’s radar right now. We’ll also visit University Tennessee Knoxville, University North Carolina Chapel Hill and maybe Wake Forest. San Diego State University is on her list too. Maybe after EFY in Florida there’ll be another college on her list. My stomach has started bothering me with the nerves of it all. I can feel the Momma-Pre-Meltdown beginning already. Let’s just refer to it from now on as MPM because I’m pretty sure it’ll come up again in the months ahead!

On a brighter note, Mike and I are getting away this weekend for our 21st wedding anniversary. We’re going to Hot Springs, Arkansas. They have a natural hot springs and mineral water spa where we’ll get to take a dip, followed by massages. I’ve already scoped out the restaurants (until 1 am during the first MPM when I couldn’t sleep) and have a list of yummy places for us to choose from while we are there. We’re going Cajun and, oddly enough in Arkansas, to a German Braus Haus! And purely coincidentally, Friday is the opening day at the Thoroughbred Racetrack!! Mike and I used to go to the Del Mar races while we were dating. We had such fun – we’d take $25 each, 2 footlong Togo’s, sodas, and lawn chairs and kick back on the blacktop right in front of the fence where the horses crossed the finish line. I love picking horses based on their names, how pretty they are, whether or not I like the Jockey colors, etc. Mike on the other hand, is all logical and deep into stats. I have a hard time not being swayed by his totally uninspired approach. I’m excited to go on opening day because we’ve never done that before, AND they have corned beef sandwiches and sodas priced at .50 all day! I’ll let you know how the sandwiches taste…not too sure about them! But, hey, more $$ for me to bet on Momma’s Meltdown to place!!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Okay first off, I hope Indy changes her mind about BYU or even Utah State? Hey...you could come out and stay at my house in Utah.(When ever we sell this one and find another...) Yes, I will watch "So you married an Axe Murder?" Hee, Hee, Hee :P
Have fun this weekend! That sounds like a very well deserved time away. Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it! :)

Kristin said...

My mom had a hard time when I left too.

Heck I can't even leave my kids for 9 days let alone them flying from then nest.

Anonymous said...

It may be Mike's blog, but we love to hear from you. You definitely put your own spin on things!

Anonymous said...

Yep...I tended to have MPM everytime another one left. Colton is the last in a few months, I'm already gearing up for the event!

But on the flip side, Harvey and I get away alone together alot these days! Have fun in Arkansas.

Trish Griffee said...

What no University of Utah on the list...forget BYU:) Although I don't think she could live with anyone but us if she did that.

I'm pretty sure since it took 23 years to get me out of mom's she wasn't too sad. She missed the 4 year old more than me.