Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Piece of the Rock

I had a great laugh when my mom re-wrapped the rock from Christmas and gave it to Mike and I for our anniversary. It's been sitting on the counter and makes me smile everytime I walk by as I say to myself "we got a piece of the rock!".

I am waiting to hear back from Ronnie, our landscape designer and builder of the rock walls, to see which of the 3 big rocks we picked out will work best. While he is here placing the rock, we're going to have him take care of a few other things. It will be good to see him and his crew again.

Play practices have begun. Mariah chose not to try out for the Talent Show today. I think that was wise considering all she has on our plates. Remember the list? I forgot to add Forensics club to it. She just switched partners because the other gal kept not being able to practice their dialogue or attend competitions. Mariah was bummed to miss an overnight one in Kentucky. So now she is partnered and preparing for an upcoming competition with the kid who yesterday got out of school early because "his dog was in a play". No lie.

If there's ever a play that needs a cat.... she can't have mine! He's busy doing laundry.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am not the biggest fan of cats, but if they can do laundry, sign me up for one!

Will said...

I am SO finding a cat that can do laundry now. Thanks C!!!!

Kay said...

Will, that's one way to never have your father in law visit. But don't worry your mother in law can still come!

Chrissie~ Favorite line..."considering all she has on our plates."