Mike and I will be on a cruise!! We are taking a 25th anniversary trip departing out of Miami and going to the ports of Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I can't wait!!!!! And no, I'm not worried - in light of that cruise ship disaster in Italy. I figure by the time we go, it will be safer than ever. I will make note of all the floatation device/lifeboat locations and expect a LONG safety briefing. The way I see it, I just have to be faster than the person next to me...er, us.
Mariah will be in the ensemble of Music Man. She is also trying out for Aladdin at a theatre several of her friends have recommended. Then there's the talent show and possibly volleyball - depending on how many days of the week there are in the next few months. If there's one thing I detest - it's overbooking and driving all over town to this and that. I just subtract 100 mommy-bonus points and call it a day.
Gib and I went to University of Evansville last Saturday. We were NOT impressed by anything. As a matter of fact, we bailed before taking the tour of the campus. I think it was the baked french fries that sealed the deal. In the South, we fry stuff like that, and it's a major faux pas to bake french fries regardless. The hidden soda vending machines also received bad marks; as did the toilet flushing instructions (up for liquid waste, down for solid waste) and coincidentally, buildings that resembled toilet seat factories (one of my dad's favorite expressions for blah buildings). We had alot of fun driving home in near gale force winds. Speaking of wind, Gib was in rare form and I was forced to open my window more than once. He blamed the Yankee Food and wants all Yankee schools off the list.

Indie got the internship at a school for behaviorally challenged kids. She'll spend the year working 2 days a week with 4th & 5th graders and two teachers. I haven't heard how her first week went, but I'm hoping it is something she finds to be enlightening, educational and rewarding. It may take time to reach that point, but I have faith in her abilities. I know she's busier than ever this semester, so I am glad she has her blog and will wait for a good time for a chat. Thinking about Indie and her internship reminded me of behaviorally challenged cats. Chino hasn't quite recovered and I've seen him looking (out for) Aussie. I'm sure he misses all the excitement. Grammy recently added new soil to the potted plant. I hope she looked for buried treasure first.

Taryn got to move to a new dorm room. She was unhappy with the situation where she was, and many of her friends are on the floor she moved to. Here's a pic she sent of the end result. I can only imagine the train of people walking out of one room and up to the next with all her stuff. I think she is super-de-duper happy about it. However, I think Mike will miss the room on the 1st floor right next to the door when it's time to take all her stuff home for the summer. Taryn was also able to pick up the math class she wanted that fits better in her schedule. So I'm guessing she has settled into her college routine of classes, working the front desk, and playing with the fun people on the 2nd floor. And I just know that I listed those in the order of importance for Taryn too.

I am fish-sitting her Betta fish. I have 3 furry helpers. They have been keeping a close watch on Fishy to see if he swims up to the top of his bowl. I am really hoping that Fishy is smart and stays well below the surface. If not, Taryn may end up with a red or green Betta instead of her pretty blue one by the time she takes Fishy back with her. And I want Taryn to know I realize and appreciate her extra effort to leave a Hansel/Gretlesque electronic footprint. I haven't had the pleasure of a words with friends game yet, but I have been poked on facebook and received a few texts (refer back to the photo of the dorm room) so I know she's doing good.
Mike is hosting poker tonight. I'm holed up in the computer room the cats. (refer back to the picture of Pixie and Fishy to see what's going on in here.) I am anticipating a new pair of shoes (for me) since his skills were honed in the family Texas Hold Em night on Christmas. And I get two chances for payout - Gib plays with the guys. However, I'd be lucky to get a bag of skittles out of the dude if he wins. Gratitude only extends so far. But then again, we did bond on our last road trip.
2 comments:
Bhahaha Matt and I were cracking up at the snippet about Gib. Matt feels the same way about Yankees... those boys from the south are all the same I guess. UP for Liquid DOWN for Solid? Yikes no one should have to choose HAHA I would flush the same way every time regardless.
Oh, how I miss the Hold'em Night that I've never been to.
Post a Comment