Today we went to the Frist Center to see Mariah's artwork that was one of the two chosen from her grade from her middle school. Every school in the county (elementary, middle and high school) had 2 pieces from each grade level on display. There were many mediums and it was very interesting. We learned the hard way the year Indy had art chosen it is well worth the wait and expense to go the weekend after it was FREE to all county residents and pay for it yourselves. We had the place practically to ourselves and enjoyed taking our time strolling the halls peacefully.
Here's our work of art - aren't they beautiful?!
Mariah standing by her Wall of Fame
Her polar bear on an ice floe
These people make me laugh.Such stamina.
Such tolerance for a fun photo op in an elevator(that is Indy's "are you serious?" face - most people wouldn't dare...)
You know you want to!!!
Look at the "Can't believe that's my mom" face on Gib and Taryn. I love those moments.
And sweet Mariah. She just smiles and has fun with me. Yay Mariah!!
Check out Gib - "What?!"

Well, I am sad to see Indie's spring break end. She is probably glad to be returning, but with a really rough schedule maybe even our craziness is preferable. She goes back to college tomorrow. It's always hard to have her here and get used to hearing her voice in the house and her footsteps echoing in the halls and then the absence of them is just really loud. I think it's just gonna be harder this week than usual.

Well, I am sad to see Indie's spring break end. She is probably glad to be returning, but with a really rough schedule maybe even our craziness is preferable. She goes back to college tomorrow. It's always hard to have her here and get used to hearing her voice in the house and her footsteps echoing in the halls and then the absence of them is just really loud. I think it's just gonna be harder this week than usual.


3 comments:
The "you've got to be kidding" pictures were great! Love them!
Was there a special medium used with Mariah's work?
I loved the teenager looks form your kids. C gives me those all the time! :)
Post a Comment