Friday, January 8, 2010

Carnival Fantasy

The past couple of weeks have been spent searching for destinations for Taryn and I to spend in the second edition of Mother & Daughter Spring Break Getaways! A blast to the recent past last spring - Indy and I went to St. Simon's. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it rained a good majority of the time...pretty much if we stepped out of our room. It put a bit of a damper on our trip. But she got her placement on Mercer Service Scholars out of it, so it wasn't a complete bust, just not the fun in the sun trip and tanning on the balcony of our ocean view hotel room we had hoped for!

So in an effort to circumvent Mother Nature's unpredictability, and increase the odds that when we hit the beach chairs it won't rain, I looked farther south. We found a cruise out of Mobile, Alabama but we have to leave a day before Taryn's break officially begins. Oh well, she will smile her cute little smile, ask if she can take any tests a day early, and we will be pushing away from the docks while everyone else is in school regardless of anything pesky like permission!! We already booked it!!! Hey can I help it if they had a snow day the day I needed to know this information?!

April Fools Day and we'll be on our way for a 4 night cruise to Cozumel and back!

Today we sent off for Taryn's passport and booked the trip. An hour in line in an unheated post office couldn't dampen our enthusiasm. Bored us, yes... wipe the smile from our faces?! No!

Tomorrow we'll look through the Cozumel excursions we have to choose from but it's pretty much just a matter which dolphin adventure Taryn wants. We're gonna have a wonderful time!

6 comments:

Carol Ann said...

What a great way to spend time with your daughter. Just think of the wonderful memories you will be making!

Kristin said...

How fum. I love cruises!

Mickie and Matt said...

YAY for Cruises! You two will have great fun, as Art and Steph for some good tips on Cozumel, after all they did live there :) Dolphin Excursion sounds AMAZING.

Mickie and Matt said...

ask... not as.

Holly said...

What a blast! Sounds like soooo much fun! :)

Trish Griffee said...

OOh...can I fit in your luggage! I LOVE Mexico.