Welcome! Today we have a quick tour for you!
Starting at the front door:
Enjoy the beautiful sight of a Belle Meade Green door
there's alot of history behind that particular color you know.
Now you find yourself upstairs...it only took you a tenth of a second to get here, but I assure you the results here were achieved after a 3 day weekend. An entertainment center was removed, and an Intervention was performed on a closet and a bedroom. Minimalism is our catchword of 2010. That crooked chair will be headed to the Goodwill when Mike makes the run to the dump and the pretty chair from Indy's old bedroom will go in its place.And here is The Closet Shared By Many...
Mess Owned By None NO LONGER
We've emptied it out to the bare minimum. Mariah's stuff on the left. College Girls stuff will be in the back. And of course...The frogs! They survived the purging somehow.
(I saved them because whenever I see them I remember Gib and I at Target just before a Christmas about 5 yrs ago laughing our fool heads off trying each and every frog out on the shelves choosing the funniest and most obnoxious as gifts for his sisters and dad...and then laughing all the way home, pushing the buttons on the frogs every other second, snickering at our great secret imagining their reactions, and hiding the frogs up in the attic laughing like loons at our utter hilarious-ness. How could you give those frogs away?! They are keepers! Even though only 2 work now - how sad. I know everyone misses them.)So somebody's bedroom is as spotless as the closet. Nightstands are a thing of the past. Minimalism dictates that a bed and a standing lamp are all one needs for a good night's sleep and a clean room. Grammy made the Goodwill run today with a car load so big she couldn't see out her back window!
Now, on another weekend, I want to move out the old green sectional and bring up a smaller and more comfortable black leather couch. Just gotta find some muscle to help. It's a sleeper sofa and it almost killed the movers to get the green behemoth upstairs in the first place. And now I want it gone. Figures.

3 comments:
WOW...you want to make a trip to Utah? I have a garage about the size of your "closet" that could use some purging:)
Look at that door! I love the color. Now if it would get warm enough I couls finally paint mine...
Love the color of the door!
I want that closet! Our master bedroom closet is about 1/4 of that... :)
Post a Comment