- My baby turned 11. Photos are somewhere in a camera still. Will post tomorrow. She was an MC in the school talent show this week and is going to a Girl Scout camp out this weekend. I am driving the girls up but not staying overnight. I hope! It's too cold and I'm much too old to do the cold!!
- My other baby has a HIGH SCHOOL Parents Night Program to get him registered for 9th grade. I don't think I'm ready to turn him over to the hard cruel hallways of high school.
- Another cute baby is taking the ACT Prep course and has to spend hours, countless hours, studying and doing homework for it. Taryn goes on the weekends for 3 hour classes. The next test is in April. Right now, BYU is at the top of her list, so all that studying could net wonderful results if she gets in her #1 choice university. That's why we work so hard!
- I went to my oldest baby's last game of indoor soccer....EVER! Well, maybe not ever, ever, but you know what I mean. This team has been together for years, and they are all graduating high school and scattering to the four winds for college. Mike took pictures. Another post of pics to follow. It was fun to see them play and finish their season undefeated. This was on Monday after the big day at the dentist and I was in alot of pain, so I took another darvocet so I could go. I didn't say anything about it, so Indy didn't know I was "on something". She looked at me during halftime and said "What's wrong with you?". It's a lovely thing when your teenager asks you if you're high. Actually it's a really funny thing when you're on something and you're teenager asks you if you're on something. I thought I looked and acted completely normal. Apparently I was slightly "glazed over".
- And then there's my aching back...cutest little boy in Pre-K turned me into a bucking bronco when I was working with another child while sitting on the ground. I have a rule about staying vertical for a reason! If they spot me anywhere near their level, I get levelled! Or ridden! Well, since he was dressed up like Clint Eastwood meets Elton John what could I do but buck him off while he shouted "Ride 'em Cowboy! Yee-haw!!!". Then I gave him a standing up ride (so as not to be mobbed by the other 10 kids in the class) for each word he made so he'd make his 3 words that rhymed with cat and that's when I pulled a muscle in my back. Geez, it's not like I'm 50!
- You know you're old when you enjoy listing your health problems. I do have one more. I was Struck By a Spatula Wielding 2 Yr Old while playing Tag Ms. Chrissie with him and his 2 brothers ages 4 and 5 during his mom's 30 minute after school parent teacher conference. Why couldn't we play without spatulas?! Well, that's a very good question! One, it just wouldn't be as much fun; and Two, the little guy had a spatula in his hand when I peeled him away from the classroom and the fit he was about to throw because he wanted to stay and play. So the game was made up to distract him and boy did it work! They rode trikes and had spatula's and if they tagged me with their spatula I was frozen until another one rode by and tagged me to unfreeze me. Well, you would have thought any injury would have come at the hands of one of the older ones, but no, a freak hit by the cute little guy busted a vein in my finger...weird, huh? It still really hurts and it was 2 days ago. It was good exercise though because let me tell you, after the first few not so gentle hits, I decided to run the entire time!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
I Am Getting So Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
it's crazy all your kids are so grown up. People move away and I somehow, forget they keep growing:)
How come your old? I KNOW I am not! I am only 28! Wait...what does that make T? Ahhh, no big deal! ;)
Hooray we hope T gets into the Y as well then we know we'll see all of you more =)
And at least you can count all your running from spatula wielding 2 year olds as exercise!
You are crazy. Jason can hit really hard with a spatual. I can imagine. Ouch.
Agreed I am having a hard time thinking that GIB will be in HIGHSCHOOL! WOW! Keep Mariah as young as possible for a as long as possible. Go Taryn BYU is awesome! I also would like to see a "glazed over" picture of you at Indy's last indoor game :)
That whole post made me laugh.
Post a Comment