Monday, February 23, 2009
Dreadful Monday
The day I've been dreading since my dental visit earlier this month has arrived. I wish I was Jason today - at least he got to get knocked out for his dental work! I don't have any new cavities, but I've got some old ones that have to be replaced and two other teeth with fillings apparently have cracks in them so now I get to have them crowned. So, to summarize: 2 crowns and 3 replacement fillings all in one day so I can just get it over with. I did ask if they could just knock me out for it and they laughed. Guess that's a NO. Probably because I'm usually the gal asking if I can get away without any numbing...and have successfully done so more than once. Boy do I hate that numbing!!! I have a secret stash of darvocet from my surgery and I do believe I will call for permission and then put one to good use. I have had migraines and a bladder infection this week and I am at the tippy top of my pain threshold, one more thing will send me over the edge. A totally numb face for half the day will do more than that, lemme tell ya!! Beware those who live with me! This may be your only warning!!! Especially if the dentist says no to the drugs too. Then I will not be the happy camper they all know and love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It looks like I get to comment on my own blog today! Well....
1) I got the extra drugs - yay!
2) The numbness from about 7 shots is already gone - doubly yay!
3) The only bad news is the inside of my mouth is all chewed up - hate that
4) And finally, I'm on a soft diet for a couple days, but that might help make up for a bad week in the Biggest Loser!
NAP TIME!!!
I hate dental work! I hope your day gets better
Hey! Sounds like things weren't so bad after all! I hate getting anything done at the dentist as well, one time they let the sucker thing get out of control under my tongue and it gave me a sucker hickey! Yeah that hurt...
Note to self...stay away from TN today.
YAY for drugs! I hope you are doing better today! :)
Oh man. I wish that you could have been knocked out to. I hate dental work. I always get he laughing gas. I am such a wimp. Glad to hear that things went smoothly!
Post a Comment