Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It Was Nice While It Lasted

I had a normal voice for one day. Then the croaky voice came back. Haven't quite kicked the cough. I am completely frustrated now. I haven't been 100% since the first week of October. I think I will stop by the Minute Clinic on my way to work in the morning and try to finagle some antibiotics and get my lungs listened to. I am starting to feel wheezy. Yuck. And hello, I still need my flu shot! I called my boss and gave her the heads up that if I'm contagious I won't be in, but we are already short-staffed, so I might have to be a behind-the-scenes person, load up on cough syrup, and wear gloves (and maybe a mask). Too bad Halloween is over.

We had a busy day today. No school due to the election. Indy and I went to vote at 9 am and breezed right in and out in under 5 minutes flat. It wasn't as exciting as we hoped. Then we shopped to spiff up her room. That WAS as exciting as we hoped! We didn't get much, but she made some nice changes to her room, rearranged furniture and added some new decorating touches.

The afternoon was devoted to Mariah - she had a Girl Scout activity at a pottery place. She made a gift for a sibling - each Girl Scout had to make something to be given away. Mariah loved painting it and we can't wait to see how it turns out after it's fired in the kiln. We had just enough time to visit some kittens at the Happy Tails shelter on our way to the choir performance at the grocery store. I'm not really sure why they were performing today, but they did, and it was nice, and short (which was nice). I have photos. I'll do a photo blog tomorrow when I'm feeling better.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am sorry you are not feeling better yet. That is a bummer. Souns like it was still a fun day even with a little cold... ;)

Kristin said...

That stinks. Will knows the feeling of being sick for a month. I sure hope that you get teh meds soon!