Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stuff

Scout Tree Lot

Gib’s photo has been in the newspaper from the first day the troop opened its 3 Christmas Tree Lots. Gib, Mike and I all worked a double shift (8 hrs) the Friday after Thanksgiving and The Tennessean sent out a photographer to our location. Gib, Mike and another scout ended up in the papers – a few times! A neighbor finally called and jokingly exclaimed that she couldn’t open the paper without seeing one of us! This is the 28th year the Troop has sold the Christmas Trees and it’s a huge fundraising effort. Each scout must work four 4 hr shifts, along with a parent doing the same, to make it work. In return, the scout gets opportunities to do a lot of fun things at a much reduced price. The scouts who work all their shifts will get to go to Climb Nashville (rock climbing place) and the boys will have a lock-in overnight party. They’ll climb the walls, literally, eat pizza and junk and have a great time. Also, a trip available first to scouts who worked the tree lots is a North Carolina ski trip in February. Gib has never been skiing and I’m really excited he’ll have this opportunity. The cost to us will be a couple hundred, but wow, to be able to go skiing for a 3 day weekend, equipment, food, hotel, lessons, all included?! It amazes me that this Troop has the ability to do these kinds of things for the boys, and provide a wonderful Scouting experience that they will always remember.

Big Plans for Santa

The kids have big plans for Santa. It will be a nice Christmas, the first in our new home together. Getting out the decorations and finding all our Christmas boxes wasn’t easy. Moving is such a pain. But we finally finished decorating (we are pretty sure it’s everything). I’m happy with the way the Christmas lights turned out in the front yard – it’s simple, but I worked with what we had, and only had to buy a couple things to make what we used to have for our other house work here. We put the Christmas tree in-between the dining room and living room and are really enjoying the atmosphere, the twinkling lights, and the excitement when new presents find their way under the tree. The cats like the tree too!

Playoffs Looming

We’re in the final weeks of regular season NFL. It’s been fun this year to dominate in our football pool! I’m currently in 3rd, after a brief stint in the number two spot. Mike had a hurtful week where he went from 1st to 3rd and he is now back in 2nd, one point ahead of me. I was sad that Green Bay didn’t have a Thanksgiving win against the Cowboys – I went against the favored winner and lost some big points. I do really like Dallas though; I just wanted to see the Packers come out with a W on that match up. What a great season Farve is having; and how great is it for Dallas to have a QB and a team that can, potentially, win a Super Bowl. I LOVE Super Bowl days. Last year it was kind of ruined for me, so I am NOT letting that happen again!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

YAY! A blog from Chrissie! :) I want to see pictures of the house...I have many ideas in my head what it looks like... COME ON! ;)

Anonymous said...

Man, the skiing trip sounds Great!! I want to go...oh wait, last time I broke my wrist snow boarding...:(

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

That's awesome they are able to do so much because of their tree sale. I bet Art and Colton wish they could go skiing with Gib. If you ever make it out here when there is snow, Art LOVES to take people:)