Friday, December 21, 2007

Let the Holidays Begin

It is official...the Holidays have begun. The kids are out of school and I am home from work. The kids feel like they did just fine on their finals and work should do ok without me for 10 days, but I remain on call if they can't.

Chris and I are completely done with Christmas shopping. Most was done in early December, but there are always those last few things that need to be completed. I think we purchased our final gift on Wednesday night. We don't have any specific plans for the week, but I am certain there is plenty to knock off of my honey-do list. We will experience a first this year with Christmas: We will have to share Indy with her BFF, Joe, and his family for a few hours on Christmas Day. She is participating in their family gift exchange; she drew Joe's dad.

We're all looking forward to a delayed Surf & Turf Christmas dinner. Usually we have that instead of turkey on Thanksgiving, but this year we had company so we did a deep fried turkey. The Alaskan King Crab legs we bought could barely fit sideways on the freezer shelf they are so big! Chris even bought new clawcrackers thinking our old ones wouldn't be heavy duty enough.

5 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

Oh man...king Crab sound so good.

Holly said...

YEEWHO! Time off and no school! :) I still want details on the deep fried turkey! ;) Uh...and when is surf & turf? I mean we could drive what...13 hours for that, right?!?! :P

Anonymous said...

10 days, wow that's awesome!

Ah the joys of splitting Christmas between families, that can get tough. I wish Indy the best! What a name to pick for her first year eh?

tracie said...

Dang 10 days is a long time. Have fun getting back to the normal schedual afeter that.

Kristin

Unknown said...

Just what is a "BFF"? Grandpa and the Gang