Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Deep Fried

Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had two guests for the holiday. Chrissie's grandfather came in from San Diego and her uncle came down from Louisville. We hired out the cooking of our Turkey this year. We wanted to try a deep fried turkey but did not want to risk burning down the house. We found a BBQ place in town that you could order a deep fried turkey from and have it ready when you wanted, so thats what we did. It was good, but I dont think it lived up to the hype I have heard regarding fried turkey's. Other than the afternoon feast, it was a day of watching football and chatting, not much else. Friday kicked off Gib's scout troop fundraiser of selling Christmas Trees. The troop operates three sales lots around town and each boy is asked to work four shifts, also, one parent of each family is expected to work four shifts. Gib, Chrissie, and I did a double shift on Friday. The Tennessean sent a photographer down to the lot we were working to take pictures for the paper, well Gib and I made the news...



Gib, a Boy Scout, helps Alex Cornette choose a Christmas tree behind the Church of Christ on the lot's opening day, Nov. 23.




Nicholas, 15, a Boy Scout, sets up a Christmas tree for display in the parking lot behind the Church of Christ. Mike, the father of Scout Gib, helped him.


(PHOTOS BY STEVEN S. HARMAN / THE TENNESSEAN)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably a good idea not to risk burning down the house.

How fun that Gib made the paper. Oh the days of having real trees. We haven't had one for years.

Holly said...

Eric wants to try that way for turkey, but it scares me too! Maybe I will have to find a place that can do it for us! ;)
Neat about Gib making the paper. That is always fun to have. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to see how the tree selling goes. That's cool Gib likes to do it. Go Gib!