Friday, October 12, 2007

When it Rains it Pours...

I left on Monday for Detroit to attend a 3 day training class on Novell's Access Manager. Training went well but Thursday's attempt to fly back home went from bad to worse. I checked in a little after 5pm for a 7pm flight to Nashville through Cincinnati. Clear up until 6:45pm all seemed to be ok, except no airplane at the gate. All the monitors indicated the flight was on time etc. Well come to find out that the plane is stuck in NYC and will be 4 hours late. Not good!! So working with a gate agent, he gets me on a Northwest flight direct to Nashville, but it leaves at 7:13pm and it is 6:58pm and a significant distance between gates. So I run..., but no, the agent did not call the other gate and inform them that I was on my way, so the plane was already set to be pushed back when I got there. So back to where I started, no running this time -- I am too old for this sort of stuff unless it is going to payoff, to see what else can be done. Spoke to the same gate agent who got me on a later 8:58pm NW flight, but again had to go from one end of the terminal to the other. Turns out that this NW flight ends up being delayed, but only by 30 minutes. Finally get onboard and in the air, I am going to make it to Nashville. Get to Nashville and find out my luggage is still in Detroit, NW will deliver it today. Head out to the longterm parking only to find the van has a dead battery and wont start, have to get the airport dude to come and give me a jumpstart. Now driving home and wouldn't you know it -- traffic!! They are repaving I65 and have closed down 3 out of 4 lanes -- makes for slow going. Long and short of it, once you solve one problem there will always be another waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are a few times I've had to run around the Houston Bush airport multiple times. It's such a pain. Glad you finally made it back.